Chapter 17 - Dirty Little Secret

"Y/N, I'm sorry I scared you, please come out." Delirious said softly, knocking on the door as light as he could, David glaring at the door.

"Do you need me to say anything?" David whispered to her, continuing to rub her back lightly, humming a tiny bit in his deep voice. Y/N was now underneath Luke's thick covers, her shaking less noticeable.

"Y-Yeah. Please tell him that I'm sorry as well." She replied, her voice cracking a tiny bit. A little bit of her hair was peeking out of the corners of the comforter. The room was still pretty dark, and rain could be heard outside.

David stood up, and scratched the back of his head, cracking the door open to see a sheepish Delirious, his mask still on. He took a deep breath, and went out of the room, closing the door behind him. He lightly pushed Delirious away.

"She says she sorry. She is more nervous, or embarrassed, then scared." David responded to Delirious, rubbing his eyes, which had bags underneath them.

"Oh, okay." He replied awkwardly, his ears a bright red. Delirious clicked his tongue a tiny bit, and looked at the door. "Do you think I could see her?" Delirious asked.

"Uh, no." David exclaimed nervously, and ran back into the room. He slammed the door shut, and locked it again, only to see Y/N sitting up in the bed, her eyelids red.

"Hey, Y/N, you okay?" David asked, sitting next to her, and blushing as she laid her head on his lap.

"I'm kind of hungry." She admitted, rubbing her stomach. It was around dinner time, of course, and they had spent a lot of time in that room.

"We should go out. I mean, what choice do we have. Stay in here, maybe have to result in cannibalism, or eat some of their food. Too risky." David exclaimed sarcastically, putting a hand up to his chin, and glancing at her.

"It depends on who is stronger. I think I could take you down." She told him, and impish smile on her face as she sat cross-legged, eyeing him up and down.

"But, at that point, you would be too weak. Just come out and eat. I'm hungry as well." David tried to persuade her, grabbing her arm.

"You must really like my arm." Y/N inputted, raising one of her eyebrows and standing up so she stood next to him. She leaned against him, hugging his arm tightly as he cracked open the door, leading to the hallway.

He squinted his eyes at the yellowish light of the hallway, which shown through the room like a searchlight. He patted the top of her head lightly, and dragged her into the hallway, her barefoot squishing against the carpet.

"David, they are being awfully loud, aren't they?" She questioned him, her eyes widening as she heard music, and lots of yelling coming from the dining room and kitchen.

They turned around the corner, with Y/N gripping his arm tightly. He peeked around the edge of the corner, seeing Delirious and Tyler yelling at each other, with Evan wedged between them. Brock was sitting in the corner, hands over his ears, and Evan was wedged between them. Marcel was with Delirious, and Craig was with Tyler, Luke holding up a pan in his hand. Lui was crossing his arms, pissed off as he leaned against a wall. Bryce was next to Brock, rubbing his back in circular motion, squatting.

The music was coming from a boom box, and it was a romance song, which made Y/N blush, David hiding her behind him.

David had a light blush on his face, making Y/N let go of his arm. "Now, stay here, okay?" David told Y/N, right behind the wall. She could still easily peek out.

"Guys, what's going on?" David asked them quietly, moving into the kitchen, squinting himself. They didn't stop fighting, Tyler holding an ice pack to his forehead, his face bright red.

Delirious was raising his voice loudly, his hands thrown up in the air. His ears were a bright red, with Marcel at his side, screaming.

Y/N shrunk back, hiding in the shadow that the wall gave. She was shaking again, looking at her hands. "What can I do?" She whispered to herself, for she knew they surely wouldn't listen to her.

She stared off into the wall, tilting her head to the side a tiny bit as she thought a tiny bit. She clicked her tongue, biting her lower lip.

A new song came up, and her eyes widened. The only song that she knew how to play on the guitar. She could try to distract them, get them to settle down.

She ran through the halls, and into Luke's garage, grabbing a dusty guitar that she had seen earlier, on her last visit. She dusted it off, and ran back inside the warm house, the air outside damp and chilly.

She began to play the chords to the song 'Dirty Little Secret', by The All American Rejects, the song she learned for her mother's birthday.

She turned the music down, hoping the guitar would travel to their ears. She swayed back and forth, and cleared her throat.

"Let me know that I've done wrong,
When I've known this all along.
I go around a time or two,
Just to waste my time with you." She sang loudly, Delirious quieting down as he heard the guitar.

"Tell me all that you've thrown away, find out games that you don't want to play. Because you are the only one who needs to know....." She sang louder, Marcel stopping his yelling. Evan began to snap his fingers, David humming along.

"I'll keep you my dirty little secret." Brock sang out, with Bryce standing up and making him unplug his ears. Bryce gave her a small smile.

"Dirty little secret." Delirious and Lui echoing in, Lui standing on top of the table. Luke's eyes widened, and he began to sing as well.

Tyler stopped, and looked directly at Y/N, blushing a bright red as he covered his face. Y/N gave him a big smile.

"Don't tell anyone, or you'll just be another regret." She sang quieter, her hair, which was now down, framing her flushed face. She was still wearing her shorts, and tank top, shivering a tiny bit.

"Just another regret, hope out can keep it." Delirious chimed in again, grabbing one of Luke's pots, which wasn't filled with food.

"Dirty. Little. Secret." She finished with a big yawn, the guitar hanging at her side. Tyler was giving her a big smile, and Luke turned back to dinner.

"That was interesting." David exclaimed, beginning to chuckle as most of the sat down. Luke was beginning to dish up food.

Marcel walked over to Y/N, and dragged her over to the table, sitting her on his lap. She let out a drowsy giggle, covering a hand over her mouth as she yawned.

Marcel giggled as well, adjusting his hat that was on his head. Tyler sat next to Marcel on one side, Delirious on the other. Delirious draped his coat around her shoulders, showing off his shirt and arms.

"Here we go, guys." Luke told them with a proud look on his face, and handed Y/N a bowl of food. I'm not going into what type of food it is.

"Thanks, Luke." She said, shoveling the food into her mouth. She brought out her phone, seeing a few missed messages, reminding her of school tomorrow.

"Aww, fuck." She moaned, slithering out of Marcel's lap and laying on the floor. She closed her eyes, curling up in Delirious's coat, putting the hood on her head.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Craig and Tyler said at the same time, standing up and glaring at each other. She lifted her head up.

"I need someone to take me home. Tomorrow is school, and I'm too tired to get up." She told both of them, her E/C eyes glancing up at them.

"I volunteer!" Brock, Tyler, and Delirious yelled at the same time, Evan also standing up. The others groaned.

"We can all go. I just want to sleep now." She groaned out, turning her phone off and dozing off on the floor.