Chapter 13

It seriously took an hour and a half to do the grocery. There was a big sale so there were a lot of people. The line at the cash registers was so long. By the time we got home it was 4:30pm. I picked up two of the grocery bags and carried them inside. My mom carried the other two. We started to put the grocery away.

"So, Y/N, are you and Louis dating?" My mom asked, acting like she was casually trying to make conversation.

I was surprised, and almost dropped the milk as I answered "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Mrs. Tomlinson told me. Do you know how embarrassing it was that she had to tell me instead of you? It makes me look like a bad mom. Why don't you keep me notified about who you're dating and who you're dumping?" My mom asked, her face showing hurt "I liked it better when you told me."

"Mom, its not official. I read that best friends of the oppisite gender make longer lasting couples than strangers. We are still trying to see if it will work, or if we're better off as friends. I was going to tell you guys when I had it figured out." I tried to explain to her.

We were done putting the grocery away. I put the bags away as well.

My mom gave me a hug as she said "Just tell me next time sweetie."

"Ok mom." I replied, walking out of the kitchen and going upstairs.

Under my breath, I muttered "But there won't be a next time."

I went to my room then the bathroom to freshen up. It was a beautiful day, so I felt like going on a stroll to the park. I went downstairs.

"Mom, I'm walking to the park. I'll be back in a few minutes." I told my mom.

"With who?" She asked suspiciously.

"Alone. Why?" I responded.

"Just asking." My mom replied, still sounding suspicous.

I put on the flats from earlier today and as I opened the door, I yelled "Bye mom!"

There was no reply as I shut the door but I heard muffled foot steps. I started to walk towards the park, but I felt like I was being watched. I shrugged the feeling off because it was probably my mom. As I reached the park, I saw an odd looking couple sitting on one of the benches.

As I neared the bench next to them, I heard the girl whisper "It's a good deal. You get the girl, I get the guy. Are you in?"

"Fine, I'm in, aslong as I get what I'm promised." The guy confirmed.

They sounded like kidnappers, so I turned around and started to walk back towards home. This must have caught someone off guard, because I barely caught a glimpse of someone speed walking away from me, using the same path I came from. Even though I was unathletic and fearful of who that person could be, I started running after them. I cautiously crossed the street after them. Picking up my speed, I saw that person go towards my house, and as the person headed inside, I reached the door a few seconds later and went inside. I saw my mom walking into the kitchen. I quickly slipped off my flats and put them on the mat. I had to confront my mom about following me.

"Mom, why were you following me?" I asked her.

"Honey, I wasn't following you. Why would I?" My mom responded.

"I saw you, mom. I reached the door as you went inside." I told her.

"Maybe, I was trying to keep you safe." She explained.

"Or maybe, you thought I was going to meet someone. Why don't you trust me?" I shot at her, getting a bit heated up.

"I know what's best for you, and I want you to have what's best for you." She tried to reason.

"Relationships are built on trust. If you trusted me, you wouldn't have followed me. I went to the park and came staright back, just as I said, if thats worth anything to you." I tried to calmly prove to her.

I went upstairs because I needed alone time. I didn't want to blow up on someone again. I wanted to calm down.