s i x t e e n

Friday evening

—————————

             Conversation with Landon came easy for Naomi. He was funny, charming and highly intelligent. The topics ranged from work, politics, food, drinks, sports, and family. Naomi wondered why the brother was single in the first place. There had to be a flaw, but she had a hard time finding one. Landon flashed a smile, displaying a perfect set of teeth. His eyes gave Naomi a salacious look, and the sexual tension was so high. For a moment, Landon felt like they were the only two in the room.

"You're doing that again," Naomi cheeks flushed a little as she briefly looked down at her before looking back at him. "Do I have something on my face or something?"

        Landon leaned in a little closer, allowing his cologne to enter her nostrils. He smelled really good and it was nothing like a good smelling man. "You have to be the most beautiful woman I have ever come across."

"Thank you." Naomi gladly accepted the compliment in stride. "You're not so bad yourself." She smirked causing Landon to playfully kiss his teeth.

         Keep it cute, girl.

"So, how's being a mom? By the way, your daughter is really adorable."

     "It's.. fun." Landon lifted his eyebrows in surprise. He wasn't expecting that answer so Naomi went on to explain. "Well, its true. I'm having the time of my life raising a little mini me. She keeps me on my toes and she makes me a better woman. You have a little one watching your every move. I enjoy it. Yea, it's difficult sometimes but I've always been down for a challenge."

"Wow, looks like you take being a mother seriously and you should." Landon smiled. "She's lucky to have you."

          "I think I'm the lucky one, but I'll take it." The two of them shared a laugh. "Do you want any children?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

Landon didn't hesitate as he nodded his head. "I do." He replied. "I really want some little ones running around the house. But, I'm just not sure if it's realistic. My job takes up so much of my time. I'm sure you know that being that you know Remy."

       Naomi nodded, taking a sip of her lemon water before speaking. "Yea, I see how hard it is for her just to maintain a relationship. I don't think jobs can be used an excuse though. I mean, I'm a hardworking woman myself with a very demanding job. You make time for the important things and people. If the right woman comes along, I'm sure you'll re-evaluate it."

Landon's grin formed into somewhat of a sly smirk as he sipped on whatever drink he'd ordered. Naomi wasn't familiar with it given that she didn't drink hard liquor. If it wasn't wine, a margarita or a martini, she didn't care for it. "I don't think I want to do this forever, though."

      "I'm sure you don't." Naomi nodded. "I don't want to do what I'm doing forever, either." She said smartly.

"No, no." He chuckled. "I mean, I may quit sooner or later. I really want to be a professional trainer. That's always been my dream. I kind of did this FBI thing for my father. He served 30 years on the New Orleans police force." The thick French accent was creeping into his voice and it really captivated Naomi. She enjoyed hearing him talk.

       I wonder does he speak French in bed...

She cleared her throat once she noticed that he was finished talking. "I think you should follow your dreams, Landon. I know that sounds very cliché, but you don't want to live a life of what if."