t h i r t y

Excuse any mistakes

Aaliyah May

Seattle, Washington
The same night

         While holding hands, Remy and Aaliyah walked down the sidewalks of Downtown Seattle. They were doing some holiday shopping, spending time with one another on their rare off days. It was a cold and bitter afternoon, but they got through it.

It was starting to look alot like Christmas. Decorations were all over the place and the streets were busy. Everyone was out trying to get presents for their loved ones. Groups of singers sung Christmas Carols for those who stopped to listen.

Children were full of joy because they all knew what this time of the year meant. And more importantly, love was truly in the air. Remy noticed many couples were laughing, joking, smiling and holding hands while shopping. It was the season of giving.

I love this time of the year.

She inhaled the air which seemed to be cleaner around this time. Allured by the scent of freshly baked Christmas cookies coming from a nearby bakery amidst the bustling streets of Downtown, Remy couldn't help the smile that was plastered on her face.

She diverted her lingering gaze to the enormous Christmas tree adorned with glistening ornaments and glowing fairy lights draped around it.

Remy suddenly felt Aaliyah pull her arm and she looked in her direction. She motioned towards a lingerie boutique making Remy's excitement go overboard. The two were both girly girls and loved to dress up for one another in lingerie.

For Remy personally, it made her feel really sexy and powerful. Finding that similarity in Aaliyah made her adore Aaliyah even more. The two walked in, welcoming the much needed heat. It was busy like every shop.

"I love this." Aaliyah dropped Remy's hand to go to a nearby rack. She picked up the fabric, holding it up in the air.

Remy really didn't enjoy that piece so she looked elsewhere. She found a rack she liked, checking the prices to see if she could catch a better deal elsewhere. More than likely, she wouldn't buy it right then anyway.

She wasn't really in the mood for lingerie shopping, but didn't mind looking. She still needed to go find something for Nia, although, she wasn't sure what she would get her. Nia had just about everything she wanted. Remy would have to get creative. Aaliyah's gifts were already bought so that's something she didn't have to worry about.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a man glancing at her. He would try to be discreet about it, but it was pretty obvious to Remy. Bad part about it, he was with a woman and was barely paying attention to her. The woman didn't notice because all of her attention was on the lingerie she wanted to buy for him.