Chapter 12

Song for the chapter:

Little Things - One Direction

I wake up with Alex still in my arms. Her brown hair is spread across her face and I push it away, revealing her beautiful face. The crinkle in her forehead makes me quiver, knowing she went to sleep scared last night. I'm not going to let anything or anybody get to her. She russles in her sleep and I pull her body closer, so she'll see me when she opens her eyes.

"Morning, beautiful." I say when she finally wakes up and she smiles at me.

"Morning," she struggles out of my grip and her feet hit the floor. She looks over to Kaylee on the other bed before walking to the bathroom.

I hear the other beds springs, indicating Kaylee is awake and I hear her little feet pat across the floor.

"Where are we?" Her tiny voice asks. I'm not sure how to answer her, do I tell her? Definitely not the part about Alex almost getting raped by Liam, but about us not being able to go back there.

"Uhm.. we're in a new motel room. We had to switch." It's not exactly a lie, we did have to switch. Just about that time Alex comes from the bathroom, her long brown hair pulled into a messy bun on top of her head. I know she heard me because she gave me a small smile when she passed the bed.

Her eyes are still puffy from crying last night, and I just want to hold her in my arms. Her and Kaylee curled up on either side, both asleep on my chest.

My phone rings and I reach across the bed to get it. The name on the screen reads 'managment' and I groan.

"What?" I snap when I pull the phone up to my ear. Alex turns around and I motion her over to me. She crawls close to me on the bed as I sit up.

"Don't get snappy. Why did you quit the band?" I roll my eyes and take hold of Alex's hand.

"Because I'm done with them. You knew this was coming, you called it. Congrats, you were right for the first time! Now don't call me back, I won't answer. I'm done with One Direction, don't bother trying to change my mind - It won't work. Call the paps and tell them if they take one picture of me, i'll sue them. I'm moving on," and with that I hang up the phone. He calls back almost immediately but I ignore it, I told him I would.

"I'm sorry," she whispers and curls into my chest.

"Don't be sorry for me, babe." I press a kiss to her forehead and she closes her eyes.

"We still have our stuff in the car." She says after a minute of just laying there, not saying a word as Kaylee plays with the toys Alex brought in for her. "How long are we staying?" She asks and I wonder myself. What are we going to do? She can't go back to Holiday Inn, and I'm definitely not.

"Come live with me," the words escape my lips before I process them. She lifts her head up and her eyes lock into mine. I want to kiss her, reach my head up and lock lips. Taste her kiss in my mouth as her hands tug at my hair.

"Seriously?" She asks and I nod my head, smirking. "Me and Kaylee?" She asks, disbelieving. I nod once again and a smile takes over her face. She lets out a laugh and for once, she actually looks happy. I never heard her laugh so clear and so.. beautiful.

"I'm serious. You, me, and Kaylee." I say but her smile eventually falls.

"You.. you live in Ireland." She states the obvious. I nod my head, scrunching my eyebrows. "It's so far away. I know nobody there, are you sure?" I let out a laugh and nod my head.

"Ofcourse!" I laugh and watch as she does too. "Now let's go get breakfast before I change my mind." I tease. She giggles and rolls until her feet hit the floor.