Chapter 17

"Who's this?" She asks, pointing to Kaylee. "The magazines say It's Nialls kid nobody knew about, but I don't believe that." She says honestly, a small laugh falling out.

"No, this is my little girl. Kaylee, meet Carmen." Kaylee nuzzles her head into my neck, shyly, before smiling and waving.

"Hi," her small voice states and her cheek heat a deep red. Carmen giggles and waves back at her, before she looks back up to me.

"I'm serious, thank you, Alex. This is a dream come true. Living with Niall Horan." She laughs "Even though it's temporary." Her smile falls a little, but she quickly recovers.

***

"Carmen, do you have any clothes with you?" I ask and look in the rearview mirror. Kaylee is asleep in her carseat, lightly snoring.

"No, the only reason I have my phone with me is because I had to steal it back. My sister doesn't know I have it, she would beat me if she knew." A chuckle falls from her lips and I think she's joking. "Literally," the to her voice changes and she whispers. I immediately snap my head back to her, feeling Nialls stare on me from the passenger seat.

"Your sister beat you?" I look back to the road, my palms becoming sweaty.

"Yes, so did my parents. That's why I don't live with them anymore. I was taken away and moved to Ireland with my sister when I was three, I picked up on the accent after a year or so. But, she beats me worse than they ever did, I'm bruised on my stomach and legs." She explains and I can feel the tears prick at my eyes again. I'm really emotional lately..

"I promise, those bruises will get healed up." I tell her and hear a sigh of relief.

When we arrive at the apartments, Carmens in awe at the huge building.

"It's so beautiful," she tells me and I nod.

"It's prettier inside." I smile and drag Kaylee out the car. She's still asleep when she lays her head on my shoulder.

Niall unlocks the door and holds it open for us, locking it once everybody's in. I walk to Kaylees room, laying her on her bed quickly to return to Niall and Carmen. I take a minute to examine her.

She's unusually skinny, you can see her collarbones more than usual. Her legs are small enough to wrap one hand around her thigh. Her tattered and torn clothes practically fall off of her, the long sleeve shirt she's wearing overly baggy. Her long brown hair is tangled down her back, and probably needs to be washed. From my looks on it, she needs clothes.

I watch her for a minute, pulling down her sleeves every other minute. It's almost seventy outside, not cold enough for a long sleeves.

Niall and Carmen laugh in the kitchen and that's when I join them, Carmen sending me a smile.

"How old are you, Carmen?" I ask.

"I'll be sixteen in May," a month away. Niall offers her "anything in the fridge" and she quickly agrees. She makes her way across the kitchen and opens the refrigerator doors.

***

After dinner me and Niall snuggle on the sofa while Carmen sits on the chair, legs crossed. I yawn and Niall presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"Sleepy?" He asks and I nod my head, snuggling him a little closer.

"I love you," I whisper and he chuckles. He touches our noses together, before lightly pecking my lips.

"I love you," he repeats and plays with the tips of my hair. I turn my head and yawn again. It's almost eleven, and Niall has to go to the studio tommorow. I'll be taking Carmen and Kaylee clothes shopping tommorow. Kaylee needs new clothes and Carmen needs a whole wardrobe.

"Carmen, are you tired?" I ask and she nods, shifting her eyes from the tv to me and Niall.

"A little," Niall stands up and takes my hand, pulling me off the couch with him.

"We'll be right back." I tell her and she smiles, nodding.

Niall leads me to the closet in the hall filled with extra blankets and other odd and ins. I pull out a blanket and pillow from the closet, closing the door before I walk back to the livingroom.

"Do you mind sleeping on the couch?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"It's somewhere to sleep," she laughs but I can see the something else behind her laugh.

I spread the blanket out on the couch and lay the pillow down, turning to Carmen who is now standing up. I look down to her jeans and longsleeve shirt.

"You need something to sleep in don't you." She nods but doesn't move her head from the floor. I walk past her into the room me and Niall share, to the dresser. I catch glimpse of Niall in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I pull out a pair of pink plaid pajamas that are a little too small on me. Since I've been with Niall I've gained about five pounds. I grab a plain grey t shirt and head back to the livingroom.

"Here you go, you can have the pants. There too small for me." I smile and she nods.

"Thanks," she smiles at me and takes the clothes out of my hands.

I quickly check on Kaylee before I head back to my room, Niall laying on the bed. He's faced at the ceiling, knees up and hands over his eyes.

I move to the bed, climbing on top of him, knees on either side. I lightly press a kiss to his lips which cause him to move his hands. His eyes are bloodshot, he's been crying. I know exactly why, and when I saw his tears I couldn't hold back. A tear rolled down my cheek and I felt his hand on my cheek, before he wiped the tear away.

"I can't believe he's gone," he speaks and his voice cracks. I shake my head and close my eyes, which only causes more tears to flow down my cheeks. He pulls his knees down and rolls us over, supporting his weight on his hands. He presses his lips to mine, immediately sliding his tongue in. He taste of mint, as our tongues explor each others mouth. He picks at the end of my shirt, bringing it up and little to rub his hand over my stomach.He picks at my hip and a moan falls from my lips, causing him to moan. I push his shoulders, rolling him over before I straddle his waist again. He sits up hands running through my hair as I lightly tug his. His hand run down my back, before resting on my bottom. He squeezes lightly and I moan, pushing my chest into him to deepen the kiss.

"Alex," he moans against my lips and I bring his bottom lip inbetween my teeth, lightly tugging as I pull back.

"I love you," I say breathlessly. He smiles and plants another kiss on my lips, lightly licking my lips as I giggle.

"I love you," he says equally out of breath, his lips pink and swollen from our makeout session.

"Will you get me some water?" He asks and I nod as I stand up.

As I walk through the livingroom I find Carmen on the couch. Her jeans are folded and sitting on the coffee table, along with the t shirt I gave her. She's still in the longsleeve, her arms wrapped around her stomach.

I quickly grab a glass and fill it with water.

"You didn't want the tee?" I ask when I walk back through the livingroom. She looks up to me and lightly shakes her head.

"No, uhm.. I was.. cold." She stutters, I know she's lying. It's just I don't want to admit what I think.

"Okay, well, goodnight." I take a sip of Niall water.

"Night," she says before I walk back to my room.