Chapter 34

Songs for the chapter are:

These Four Walls- Little Mix

Over Again- One Direction

***

Niall's POV

"Alex, please." I take a step towards her but she motions her hands for me to stop.

"No. Leave me alone! Get out!" She commands and pushes at my chest.

"Wait, hear me out!" I plead but she shakes her head.

"I can't do this with you! I'm sorry. It wasn't right for us. I didn't feel it anymore, Niall. Okay? I didn't feel for you since I woke up from a coma. I tried to tell myself I did but I didn't and I'm sorry. We can't be us anymore. Just, go!" I open my mouth but no words come out. She's lieing, she has to be. What.. what about all the times she's told me she loved me? Or when we had sex and she gave her all to me, and it felt so right.

I turn on my heels and walk out. Anger fills my body and my fist punches into the wall, nearly busting a whole through the thin shit. I thought she loved me like she said she did. She fucking lied, and that's why I won't be sad about this bullshit. While I was falling for her she was playing me, and this fucking hurts.

I continue walking until I'm in the lobby. I ignore the damn girls that are running up to me and screaming.

Fuck.

Paparazzi swarms the front of the building and I groan pushing past them.

"Niall! Is it true you and Alex broke up?" One asks and I flip around, anger on my face.

"You want a fucking story? Here it goes! Get your damn video camera ready 'cause here it goes!" I shout, the anger and hurt building up in my body.

"Alexis Green was the biggest piece of shit i've dated. Fuck her and anyone who has anything to do with her. I should've let Harry have her, because-" I cut short when I see Alex across the lot. Her eyes are bloodshot and she holds a hurt facial. I am the epitome of a fuck up.

"Alex," I breathe and break out into a full sprint to meet with her across the lot. Almost as soon as I reach her, she backs away until she trips over the sidewalk.

"How could you!" She screams, tears pouring down her cheeks, and stands back up. She doesn't seem embarrassed. "Do you not realize I said all of that out of anger and hurt. I came to apologize. I love you, Niall." I begin to speak but she holds a finger up. "Let me finish. I'm fucking in love with you, and I thought you felt the same. Now, I finally see your true damn colors. Fuck you too, Niall! I'm done! You played me while I was falling in love with you, making me believe you truly cared when you didn't! How could someone be so cruel!?" Her voice strains and she closes her eyes to let the tears fall.

"You don't understand, Alex! I-" She cuts me off.

"No, I don't want to hear it!" She holds her hand up to my face and she turns to walk away but I catch her wrist.

"You're not leaving me again." She pulls away from my grasp and falls back onto the concrete, but quickly shuffles to her feet, this time her cheeks blushing.

She doesn't say anything, just turns on her heels and walks away towards the building.

I just lost the best thing that's ever happened to me.

****

(Three weeks later)

Alex's POV

I feel numb. My body aches for his touch, kiss, voice, smile, eyes, breath, him. Nothing compares to the way he makes me feel.