Chapter 28

Songs for the chapter are:

Tell Me A Lie - One Direction

One More Night - Maroon 5 (This is more last chapters song.)

I sit on the chair, staring at the incoherent girl laying in front of me. I'm beyond pissed at her for cheating on me, but I can't help but love her while she's in a coma.

Coma.

It sounds crazy, even in my head. I love this girl and her daughter with my whole heart, and I know I'll forgive her. That doesn't mean I'm not angry. I'm more mad at myself, if I would've been a better boyfriend she wouldn't have to cheat. I should've held her more, kissed her more, touched her more, loved her more. It's my fault she's in here tonight, not Harry's.

The door creaks open and the doctor passes through, checking the I.V connected to Alex's arm.

"Is she going to be alright?" My voice cracks and the lady looks over to me, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"It's hard to tell. She looks as if she's in a minor coma. It may be three months at the most before she wakes up. If it's worse than just a minor coma, it could take up to years. But when she does, know she needs to be handled carefully. She doesn't need to be stressed. She took a hard hit to her head and she may have mild amnesia, where she only remembers bits and pieces of her life." The lady tells me and I nod, left speechless. What the hell would I do if she woke up and didn't remember me. What if she didn't remember Kaylee?

"Thanks." I nod and she sends me a smile before leaving the room.

I stand beside the bed and stare. If it wasn't for the oxygen tube covering her lips and the stillness, cold and hard, I would kiss her. It kills me to see her like this.. lifeless. A tear escapes my eyes and I'm glad Harry left, I don't want him to see me cry. If I would've opened up to Alex, and told her how I feel about her she wouldn't have cheated. It's my fault, all of it. She wouldn't be in here if I was a better boyfriend, but I'm not, and now there's a chance I won't be able to make it up to her.

Hours go by, me sitting on the chair next to her. I stare at her perfection, cut and tattered. Even though she has scars, she's still beautiful. Once you fall in love, everything about them is beautiful. You don't just see the face or the body, you see them as a person.

I dry my eyes. It's six in the morning and I haven't slept one bit. Even on the plane I was anxious and couldn't sleep. Tomorrow, Kaylee would be getting out of the hospital and I have to break the news and try to explain. Do I have to raise her until Alex wakes up? What if she doesn't? Am I ready for that?

I have to be ready. It's my job to watch over Kaylee while Alex is in this state.

I lay on the couch, every possible scenario running through my mind before I finally fall asleep.

***

I hear her laugh, see her smile, feel her touch. But when I reach out to grab her she's not there. Someone is holding her, tickling her sides, biting her neck. Harry. He's holding her waist and pressing small kisses to her shoulder. I can't move, my arms and legs are glued still.

"Alex!" I shout. She doesn't hear me. I shout louder but she doesn't make a move. Instead, Harry rips her shirt off. Her stomach is covered with love bites. Harry flips her around, his back now towards me and long, red scratches running all the way down.

"Alex." Is all I can say, nothing else comes out.

"Niall, wake up." I can hear, repeatedly. It's a male voice, not Harry's.

I'm wet, water has been splashed on me and I sit up.

"What the hell?" I shout at my soaking body and find Zayn holding a water bottle in his hand.