Influencing Persuasion

SONG OF THE SHOT:
Feel It Still - Portugal. The Man

➰➰➰

Marinette pawed at a bead of sweat that rolled down her face. It was the beginning of August and the sweltering heat was relentless. She had just finished enjoying a quick swim in the lake where she spent every single summer. Grabbing her large beach towel, Marinette dried herself off, allowing her hair to air dry in the sun's rays. Wishing to protect her pale skin like that of a grandmother, she applied more sunscreen while seeking shelter in the shade of a large tree.

The place in which she stayed was a quaint cabin on the lake with both of her parents. Each year they rented the same exact one and reconnected with their temporary neighbors that they see come every June. It was a comfortable, routine vacation that they all enjoyed. Her parents were probably done cooking lunch and she thought about heading back within ten minutes time.

The rather tiny two piece she wore clung tightly to her frame as she downed a bottle of flavored water. One stray drip fell from the fold of her mouth, making its way down toward her protruding collarbone. Marinette paused as she heard a slight rustle in a patch of tall and bushy trees that were planted nearby. Her head turned toward the noise, curiosity clutching at her soul. Bare feet drew closer, despite the crunchy grass they stood upon.

A single gun shot rung out. A thud followed suit. The muscles in her body froze, stiffening with terror. It was highly unlikely that an inhabitant was using the area for target practice; there was a gun range not even two miles away from where she stood.

A person came into view, grasping a smoking glock. He wore a peculiar mask with cat ears to boot, black attire and an impressively huge holster belt around his stately torso. Marinette could not control the audible gasp that her mouth emitted. It caught the gaze of the masked murderer. Striking green eyes met wonder-filled blue.

Quickly glancing and assessing the area, the guy clipped toward her, grabbing her waist, tossing her over his shoulder and making a break for it. It all happened too suddenly and before she knew it, no scream of protest made it out of her parched throat. Proving too much to think about and process, she fainted on his burly shoulder as green branches whizzed by.

~~~~~~

When she became cognizant, she could smell the toasting of grilled cheese. Marinette's eyes popped open slowly, but surely. Her body was curled up on a couch with a blanket snuggly tucked around her. Running her hands around herself briefly, she felt her dry bikini still in tact. A humming whistle and the cracklings of a burning stove caught her whole attention.

Peeking above the back of the cloth covered couch, she saw a mini kitchen being utilized by a blonde boy wearing dark sunglasses. Marinette's heart began to beat slightly faster, nervous as to where she was, how she got here and what this person was going to do to her. Cat Boy looked at her. "Hungry?"

She dove down rapidly, hiding her entire body, face included, under the soft blanket. He chuckled. "I always liked playing hide and seek. It makes the hunt more... fun," he spoke in such a twisted manner with an etched grin. Marinette surmised that he was standing above her by the sound of his clanking boots. Maybe if she coiled herself tighter, the guy would vanish. He grabbed the blanket before yanking it off of her.

Red cheeks grew embarrassed as she only wore a skimpy swimming suit. The girl turned her face away, wanting to hurry up and disappear already. "What do you want with me anyway?" Marinette quietly asked. "I needed someone to taste test my cooking before the big competition," the guy smartly replied.