Justifiable

SONG OF THE SHOT:
Legendary - The Summer Set

➰➰➰

Adrien could have audibly understood every sung lyric the music blasted from two blocks away. The nightclub was dark and housed the stench of both freshly poured and regurgitated alcohol. This was the spot where an old college buddy of his was recommending for drinks. Apparently, the place itself sucked toenails, but the liquor was unparalleled. Nino was always one to over exaggerate mediocre things, so Adrien took his options with a grain of salt. The dude got seriously excited concerning the little things in life.

The blonde man made his way to the bar, searching for Nino. With no luck, he decided to grab a barstool and save the one next to it with his jacket. Removing the extra layer allowed for his toned arm muscles to become bared. People have told him that his guns were swoon worthy. He didn't get the hype. Folding his supposedly strong arms, he glanced around the room, testing his luck with the ladies.

Adrien was never into casual dating, but was a hopeless romantic nonetheless. That doesn't mean that he could charm his way into a free meal or two when the occasion called for it. In the long run, Adrien wasn't shallow, just particular when it came to scoring dates with a potential girlfriend; sometimes his brain would wonder far, thinking about the marrying prospects of a girl before asking her out. Acting purposefully stupid, flirting with no shame and drama queens were unattractive to the green eyed man.

His finger prodded at a chip in the wooden counter at the bar, patiently waiting on his pal to arrive. What was taking him so long?

"And what will you be having?"

His attention snapped upward at the melodic voice that his ears had the blessing of hearing. When green eyes searched blue ones, the blonde realized that the sweet voice had an even sweeter physical being attached. Her dark hair was tied back with voluminous curls comprising the ponytail and framing her gorgeous face. Not to mention the adorable pen jammed inside of the do as well. She wore light makeup, with the exception of deep red lipstick. He was awestruck to say the least.

The female bartender huffed, a small smile etched on her face. Snapping in his face, she spoke again, "Hello? Anyone home?" Adrien blinked out of his trance. "U-Uh... sorry. I'll have a rum and coke on the rocks please," he finally found the courage to talk to the beauty. The young lady sighed, hand placed strategically on her perfectly popped out hip. "Identification please."

His mouth opened like a fish. "But I'm 24, don't I look old enough on my own merit?" She inhaled a breath, holding it captive. Her slender finger pointed to a sign behind her back that informed that every person under 30 needed governmental proof of being so. Cheeks grew red in embarrassment. Swiftly, he yanked out his ID from his leather wallet to show her. The woman nodded, ascending toward the other side of the bar to prepare his drink.

Once she returned, she crossed her arms, leaning against the counter, pushing her chest slightly upwards. He assumed she was only sticking around to see how he liked the flavor. Pulling the first sip, Adrien closed his eyes and released a thick breath of relief. "Good?" she asked. "Great, thank you..."

"Ah hah, you don't get to know my name unless you're from the government or my long lost brother or something else... dramatic," she stated, disappearing to check on other semi drunken customers. He sighed with a mixture of mortification and disappointment escaping his pink lips. At that point, he didn't even know why he bothered with someone like her.