CHAPTER 1

Cassie's P.O.V

Ben, Sam, and I are about to leave the base. I'm starting to miss Evan more then I thought. Starting to regret what I said when we were at the car.
We are about to exit the base. Missing Evan more and more. But up ahead there are two men blocking the exit.

"Hey! This is a resricted area." One of the men say.

"Hey it's alright " Ben says.

"On your knees, Hands behind your head!"

Suddenly I hear something in the vent above us. I comes crashing down, fighting off the guards. I think I recognize the man. "Evan" I whisper. He comes walking slowly to us because Ben has his gun pointing straight at him.

"Evan!" I say running to him.

I jump into his arms hugging him tight.

"I love you, Evan " I say to him.

Of course he says it back.

When we are done hugging, I pull him into a passionate kiss.

I wish our moment can continue but of course Ben has to interupt.

"Cassie, who is this guy?" Ben says.

"Is he your boyfriend? " Sammy says. exitedly

Evan just says I'm his "friend" but I whisper to him that he can tell the truth.

"Actually Sam, Cassie's my.... girlfriend." He says hesitantly.

"Oh" Sam says then runs up to him and gives him a big hug. Some how that suprises me.

"Thank you for protecting my sister"
He whispers.

I see Ben standing in shock, having no idea what's going on.

"Can I just ask what is going on right now?"

"It is a long story." Evan and I say at the same time.

"Shall we continue and get out of here?" Evan says, like he's in a hurry.

"Yeah, come on" I say.

We all start to run past the dead guards and out the door. I see a military truck drive towards us. It stops right in front of us and we quickly get in before we die. We're all in and safe. I see behind me the base exploding.

"What the... I didn't know... who.." I say confused.

"I forgot to tell you I've been planting bombs around the base." Evan says.

"Oh," I say.

"Don't worry, you're safe with me."
He says while putting his arm around me, while I'm resting my head on his shoulder

Sam is looking at us just smiling with happiness.

This is where I'm safe. I feel safe with Evan, safe with Sam.