CHAPTER 11

Cassie's POV

I speed walk, trying to get my anger out. I hate him right now. He might as  well just date her. He doesn't need me.
I walk back to my truck. I think I'm tough enough to say something to him. I see him in the truck, doing nothing. He sees me walking to him. I open my mouth to say something but  before I speak the stands up and talks first.

"I'm sorry." He says plainly.

"For what?"

"Everything. Cassie, not in a million years would I say that to her. You know me Cassie. I don't love her. Sure I like her but only as a friend. The only person I love is you. I love you Cassie. I only love my Mayfly."

I have tears sliding down my cheeks. I quickly crash my lips into his. He slides his hand around my waist, putting mine around his neck. Our lips moving in a rhythm. "I love you, too. "

We hear someone clear their throat. I pull away and there stands Ringer.

I stomp up to her. Glaring at her.

"Why did you say that to him!?" I yell. Seeing everyone look at me with confusion.

"All I said was if it gets worse, then come to me. I did not flirt with him." She says calmly.

"You idiot!! You totally flirted with him. I saw you putting your hand on his shoulder and smile!!"

"Cassie, don't blame this on me. He could of woken you up but he chose to come to me." She says, getting harsher.

"You don't know Evan, Ringer--"

"Yes I do, I've known him since I was five!"

I stare blankly at her. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I run off sprinting. I look behind me them getting smaller.

A couple minutes later, I'm sitting down on the dirty ground. I see Evan walking towards me.

"Is it true Evan? Did you know her before?"

"Yeah. Its true. Before the waves hit we went to school together. We were best friends. We did everything together. Playdates, projects, anything. People thought we were weird. Whenever we walk down the hallways together, people would give us looks, not good looks. Anyways, we kinda grew up together. But we ever loved eachother. We were very close. But when the waves hit, I thought she was dead. Like I said, I don't love her, I only love you."

There's slight tears sliding down my cheeks.

"Is that everything?"

"Yeah. No more secrets."

I sigh. I walk over to him. He notices the tears and gently wipes them away with his thumb.

I hug him tightly. I see Ringer sigh and walk away, giving us our privacy.

I pull away and kiss him passionately. As an "I'm sorry for everything."

Then I say it for real "I'm sorry."
"Its okay, don't worry." He responds in a calming tone.

We never even noticed it was dark out and every one was already in their trucks, maybe sleeping. Me and Evan walk to our truck, tired. We fall asleep immediately.

I know this was a short chapter but I promise I will update asap.
Ps, any ideas?