CHAPTER 3

Sam's P.O.V

Today I woke up at eight. I go to see Ben. I wake him up because I know Cassie doesn't like to be woken up early in the morning. Even with Evan by her side. I know she loves him and wants to stay close.

"Ben," I say.

"Ben?" I say louder. Still nothing.

"Ben!"

"What is it, Sam?" He says.

"Come play with me" I say exitedly.

"No, Sam. Go back to bed."

"Fine. I'll go wake up Cassie."

I walk to Cassie's truck. I gently shake her trying to get her to wake up.

"Cassie" I say.

"What Sam?"

At least she replys faster.

"Come play with me. Ben won't" I say like I'm in a hurry

"Ok Sam. Just let me put some better clothes on, ok?"

"Ok."

I wait for her. I see her kiss Evan on the cheek before she leaves to play with me.

"Ok Sam, lets play" she says.

We play hide-and-seek for about a half an hour. Then she asks me if I'm hungry.

"Yeah, I could eat" I say.

"Ok, what do you want?"

I don't really know what I want. So I just tell her scrambled eggs.

"Ok. Scrambled eggs it is." 

Behind me, I see Ben, Ringer, and Evan coming to see whats going on.

"What are you making?" asks Ringer.

"Sam wanted eggs for breakfast."

"Oh, ok. I am hungry too."

It takes her about a half hour to make eggs because we needed to find eggs. It was difficult because we're out in the midde of nowhere. At least we have food. Kind of.

When were all done eating, Ringer says she has to talk to Cassie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ringer's P.O.V

"Cassie, can I talk to you?" I ask.

"Sure" she says confused.

"Cassie, Evan's worried about you. You know you're in danger right now. The Others are still trying to kill you. You are not safe. Evan is trying his best to protect you. And because I'm your friend I am going to protect you too. Evan loves and cares about you. Cassie, last night he woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep so I went to check on you and Evan wasn't there. I saw him sitting on a rock a little far away from here. He told me that he is worried about you and doesn't want to lose you."

"I know I'm a target to the Others, Ringer. And, I love Evan more than anything. But..."

"But nothing Cassie. He and I are worried about you. They could come and get you any second. Thats why we are going to protect you."

"Thanks. I'll make sure to thank Evan too."

"That's my Cassie" I say, and hug her tight.