Chapter 22

I shut the door and just smiled for about two minutes, thinking about today.

I walked into my kitchen and sat at the table.

"BROOKLYN!" I heard my mom yell from the den.

I got up and rushed to the den.

"Where is my lamp?" She asked sitting on the couch.

"Oh, the boys were horsing around, and Josh bumped into the lamp. He needed stitches. I took care of it all. Don't worry."

"That's why I love you." I walked over to my mom kissed her on the cheek and said goodnight. It was a friday night and I had no plans. I went to my room changed, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I climbed into bed and turned on the t.v. I dosed off for a little while before I was rudely awaken. I door slammed against my wall leaving a hole when Paul stumbled into my room.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT MY SON NEEDED STITCHES." I could smell the alcohal from my bed.

"What? I didn't want to inturrept your precious meeting. And wait, your son. No. He isn't your son. They aren't your children. I am not your child." I said getting out of my bed and walking over to the light switch to turn the light on.

"Listen, you have no right not telling me that Josh had go to the ER. I deserve to know these things Brooklyn." I was terrified. He was really loud, and drunk. He got closer to me and was right in my face.

"You are a little bitch. You leave this house right now."

"Excuse me? This is not your house. This is my mother's house. You pay shit around here. You sit on your ass all week then work two days and think your king of this god damn castle. You are pathetic." I said with such anger. Right then he shoved me. He pushed me so hard I went flying into my desk. My back was killing me. My leg was throbbing. I was crying. I knew Paul was an ass, but I never thought that he would put his hands on me. He just stood there and the walked out of my room. I literally ached when I got up I grabbed a bag, packed three days worth of clothes, my laptop and phone charger and then grabbed my phone, shut my light off and walked out of my room.

------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback?