Chapter 25

Oh great. I forgot that I needed to tell him.

"Well, Paul, he got drunk. I didn't tell him that Josh got stitches. I'm guessing my mom told him, and he got really mad. He stormed into my room, and yelled at me. I yelled back at him. I got up and he got in my face. I told him he was pathetic, and he shoved me. I flew back into my desk. And I hit my back really hard, and I landed on my leg. Which both really hurt."

"Oh my god, thats crazy."

"Yeah, I packed three days worth of clothes, so I think tomorrow I'm just gonna call Liv, and probably stay with her for a while."

"Yeah, don't. . . don't go back to your house for a while until everything cools down."

"I mean, he isn't like a bad guy, Paul. Well, I thought he wasn't."

"Well, now you know he is, but you went through a lot earlier so it's probably best for you to get some sleep." He turned off the light then I heard his feet stummble over to his couch. I woke up in the middle of the night in complete pain. I had tears running down my cheek. I was breathing really heavy. Ethan bolded up.

"Whats wrong?" he said throwing the blankets off of him and running over to my side.

"I don't know. My back, it is killing me."

"Okay, let me look at it." I sat up and Ethan switched on the lights. He came over and I bent over. I felt like I had just got shot in the spine. He lifted up the back of my shirt.

"Oh my god! Brooklyn, your back is all bruised, black and purple. I'm gonna get you some ice. Hold on." Ethan got up and I turned and layed on my back. I kept taking deep breaths, and tried to stay still. Everytime I moved I felt pain shoot up my back. Ethan was taking a really long time out in the kitchen. Then I realized why, he was talking. TALKING! Someone in his house was awake. Someone in the house, I wasn't suppost to be in, was awake. Uh-oh.