Realization

"Get in," the man threw Bliss into her cell and slammed the door shut. He Locked it and left.

Bliss looked to her left to find a boy staring at her.

"You're hurt," the boy said and moved towards Bliss.

Bliss backed as far as she could go into the corner of the cell. She wanted to make herself as small as possible.

"I'm not going to hurt you," the boy assured her,"I'm put in here to clean up their victims."

Bliss relaxed and allowed the boy to clean up her cuts.

"What's your name?" The boy asked her.

Bliss looked at him and hesitated.

"Bliss" she whispered.

"My name's Kyle," he said.

Kyle finished cleaning the blood from Bliss's wounds and started to stitch them up.

"How long have you been here Kyle?" Bliss asked.

Kyle stopped and sighed.

"I don't know, years probably."

"How'd you end up here anyway Bliss?" Kyle finished up the last stitch on Bliss's arm.

"I tried to rescue my father before HYDRA could experiment on him, but I was too late. Then they threw him in this weird tube that froze him, instantly killing him." Bliss held back her tears as best as she could. " HYDRA also experimented on me too."

Bliss motioned to her left arm.

"I don't know what happened after that." Bliss looked down at her hands.

"When was your father killed, do you remember the year?" Kyle stared at Bliss.

"He died in 1944, once I was old enough to take care of myself, he let me go on one mission, then after that, he told me not to follow him on any of his missions but I did anyway. Then I got myself captured and so on from there." Bliss looked up at Kyle.

Kyle blinked and ran his hand through his hair.

"That would make you 73, today." He said.

Bliss smiled.

"I'm not 73, I'm 17." Bliss's smile faded. Rumlow had said James into the camera, her fathers name is James.

"My father isn't dead," Bliss mumbled.

"What?" Kyle said.

"My father isn't dead!" Bliss smiled,"somehow he's alive!"

Kyle scoffed.

"If he's alive then somehow he was put into a cryogenic state."

Bliss looked at Kyle confused.

"HYDRA did that to a man once, he had a metal arm, just like yours."

"That's my dad." Bliss said.

"The Winter Soldier is your dad?!" Kyle exclaimed.

"The Winter Soldier is a criminal, an assassin, he's not my dad. James Buchanan Barnes is my father."

"James Buchanan Barnes is the Winter Soldier, I could hear them say his name while you were being taken out of the room." Kyle moved closer to Bliss.

"No!" Bliss had tears spilling from her eyes,"my dad isn't a killer!"

"You're right, he isn't," Kyle placed a hand on Bliss's shoulder,"he didn't kill all those people, Winter did that. And HYDRA created Winter."

"Bliss–" Kyle was interrupted by a man opening the door to the cell.

"You," the man pointed at Bliss,"lets go, time to record another video for the so called Avengers."

Bliss shook her head "no" which only made things worse.

The man sighed and grabbed Bliss by the ankles and forcefully dragged her out of the cell before Kyle could grab her.

They left the room. Kyle could hear her screams, her cries for it to end, then after ten minutes Bliss was thrown into the cell gasping for air.

"Bliss," Kyle said,"look at me, you need to breathe!"

Bliss looked at Kyle, she took in his features. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He looked to be about 18 years old. Bliss didn't know how good he looked until now. To Bliss, she thought that Kyle looked like a prince!

Bliss's breathing soon calmed, she relaxed. Then she began to fall apart. Tears rolled down her cheeks fiercely.

Kyle didn't know what to do. So, he walked over to Bliss and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her and didn't let go until she wanted him to.

Kyle felt bad for her, she shouldn't have to have a life like this. He wanted to do something for her to make her feel better, but there just wasn't anything that he could do except hold her.

Soon, Bliss had fallen asleep in Kyle's arms. He too, fell asleep a few minutes later. Both of them keeping each other calm and safe.

>>>>

"Bucky!" Steve called out,"Bucky wait, what do you think you're doing?!"

"What does it look like Steve?" Bucky spat,"I'm going to go get Bliss out of that hell hole."

Steve grabbed Buckys arm making him stop.

"You're not going, not without some help." Steve released Buckys arm.

"That's right!" Tony said,"we're going to help. Whether you like it or not."

All of the Avengers were in their battle suits, ready for what they were going to expect from HYDRA.

"Alright listen up!" Steve shouted,"our mission is to find Bliss, we have a good guess that the HYDRA base is somewhere in New York. Stark will search for any strange activity through the city, the rest of us will stay on the ground searching any buildings that seem to look suspicious. Bucky said that HYDRA had taken him to a bank when they brainwashed him again. We check the banks lower levels and if you find anything, report it." Steve continued."you have 5 minutes to get what you need if necessary. Meet back here once you're done."

Steve turned to Bucky.

"Don't worry Buck, we'll find Bliss." Steve left and went to get into his suit leaving Bucky to talk to the others.

5 minutes later, Steve returned in his Captain America suit and looked at Bucky. 

"Lets go get her back!" Steve smiled.

Stark flew out the building while all the others went to the banks in New York City in search for Bliss.