Chapter 1

I've never lived in Gotham before. When I decided I needed to get away from everyone I knew Gotham would be the perfect place. Nobody knows me, no one knows anyone. It's a big ass city filled with possibility. Alright now don't get me wrong my mother and friends warned me a million times about all the criminals living in Gotham and the insane crime rate. But honestly I needed something kind of interesting in my life. It sounds stupid but in my mind it's completely sane.

Right out of the airport hundreds of policemen and guards (I could tell they take security very seriously from the get go) I grab my bags quickly trying not to attract attention and I call a cab. I had already been to Gotham once before just to check out this apartment I was going to be renting. I loved it, my mother made sure it was in the best part of Gotham. When me and mother and grandma came to see the apartment the first time we got all the furniture we needed and got everything together for me when I got here. Now that I was in my apartment I felt like everything was falling into place.

My mother was nice enough to give me the first months rent money while I look for a job. I applied at retail stores, as a bank teller and restaurants, mostly online. I had been in Gotham for a week now and I was getting rather anxious considering no one called me back. I finally decided I needed to just walk around and look for some places hiring. It's around noon and most places seemed to be open. Walking down the street I come across this club named Void. Even from the outside this building looked extravagant. The whole club was black with purple and green low lights. And even it being in the middle of the day it still gave me shivers down my spine. But something urged me to want to go in. I walk up to the guard at the door.

"ID." He said sternly not even looking down at me. "Oh yea, yea sorry here." As searched my bag for my ID.

As I handed it to him he took his glasses off to look down at me and take it out of my hand. He studied it for a second looking back at me. His mouth grew into a small smirk. "Right this way miss Y/N" he said opening the door to the entrance hall.

It was very very dark and it had black carpets with red cushioned walls.

As I leave the entrance hallway I see the main part of the club. All I can is stand there in awe... it was huge with extremely high ceilings. The walls were white and black with neon colors coming from the sides of the walls and the ceiling. Their were gold chain curtains running everywhere dividing the club into different sections at the sides of the club. I look to the left and see the long long bar with the wall of booze behind it. I walk up to the only bartender just standing there on his phone. He was wearing black jeans with a light purple button up. I sit down in a chair across from him

"Um.. hi there" I try to get out but my voice cracks. He looks up from his phone and throws it down.

"Hi!" His voice sounding very feminine (although I didn't want to make assumptions and offend him but I had my first impressions)

"What can I get for you?" He asks getting a glass from under the bar. I put my hand up trying to stop him, "oh no no I don't want a drink, I was wondering if you guys were maybe hiring?"

He stops searching and looks up at me with a blank face. "Yes we are totally! What job were u wondering?" He asked very excitingly. "Oh um well if you need any more bartenders...?"

"YES! Oh I'm Jason by the way!" He says very loudly grabbing my hands. "Y/N" He then reaches down and grabs a walkie talkie from behind the bar.

"Caleb... Caleb! Come to the bar please! There's a girl who wants to apply!" He looked back up at me at the last sentence and then put the walkie talkie down on the counter. "Your gonna get the job don't even worry honey"

A man in a grey suit walks up to me and shakes my hand "Hi I'm Caleb." he says with a smile sitting down next to me "Y/N" I say back.

"Caleb give her the job! Seriously she can do it!" He looks at Caleb and then back at me "Umm what experience do you have bartending?" He asks me in a sort of rushed manner. "Well I was a bartender at a bar in a college town for 2 years. And before that I was a waitress for a year." I try and sounds confident but in all honesty I was really nervous with Caleb questioning me and Jason being very attentive the whole time.

"Caleb come on! Just give her the job." Jason kept pushing. And even though Jason was very pushy and outgoing it was very nice for him to do this much for me even though we just met. Caleb looked at me, then at Jason then back at me for a bit... "Alright Y/N," he stood up shaking my hand "you start Friday night at 7. Ask Jason about our dress code and policies and we'll get you started with paper work." He says shaking my hand the whole time.

"oh my gosh thank you!" I say actually very excited to work in a place like this. Caleb nods to me and Jason and then walks away up the stairs at the other side of the club. I look back over at Jason and he is just as excited as can be.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Woooooow I did it omg the first chapter lololol tbh I don't think anybody is even gonna read it but I'm gonna keep writing it, cause it's actually a lot of fun to write so yea :)))