don't.

"(name)-ah, wake up," a voice woke the girl up.

"five more minutes," she groaned and turned around, not wanting to wake up.

"you're going to be late. unless you don't want to walk to school with yoongi?" her mother taunted her.

"aish, I'm up. I'm up," (name) sighed and sat up. she rubbed her eyes and sat on her bed, staring into blank space. after awhile, she finally got up and got ready for school. usually, (name) would be able to get 30 more minutes of sleep but since her best friend had morning practice, she'd sacrifice her sleep just to walk to school with him.

"i'll be off!" (name) called out as she took a piece of toast and stuffed it in her mouth. she put on her shoes and got out.

"take care!" her mother called out after her.

(name) saw yoongi leaning on the front gate of her house.

"he waited for me," (name) thought, smiling.

"yah, of course i did," yoongi chuckled.

"i said that out loud? oops," she let out a small laugh, embarrassed.

"that bad habit of yours."

"i'm trying to stop it!" she whined. "stop bullying me," she pouted.

"me? a bully? never," he pretended to be shook.

"suit yourself," she let out a hmph, folding her arms.

the two friends continued their journey to school, talking and laughing along the way. since they went to different schools, they had to separate paths at a junction. there, (name) would be greeted by her close friend.

"see you later!" (name) waved at yoongi as they began walking away. yoongi smiled and waved back.

"ah, the both of you are so cute!" (friend name) exclaimed.

heat rose to (name)'s cheeks, "we're just friends. you know that," she raised a brow.

"i know. i know." her friend laughed. "but lately, the two of you seem to be more cuter together."

"what's that supposed to mean?" (name) asked but the girl only laughed.

"anyway, have you thought about what you want?" she asked (name).

"i thought about getting a scholarship and join an art school in seoul or maybe overseas?" (name) replied, unsure of what she said.

"that's a great idea! your artworks are amazing. you should definitely go for it," (friend name) exclaimed.

"i suppose... but..."

"but?"

"nevermind. i'll think about it," (name) smiled at her friend. "what about you?"

"dunno. i kinda wanted to become a barista but i don't think mom will be happy with that," she sighed.

"(friend name), you should do whatever you want to do! especially if it makes you happy," (name) grinned at her friend.

"there's your answer too," (friend name) smiled.

~

school finally ended. (name) couldn't wait to head home. she waved goodbye to (friend name) as they had after school club. just as (name) was about to leave campus, her homeroom teacher stopped her.

"ah, (name)!"

(name) stopped in her tracks and turned around to face her teacher.

"yes?"

"you didn't hand in your career choice slip so i thought that i'd get it from you personally?"

"oh that... uhm, i haven't really made up my mind," (name) revealed, rubbing her nape awkwardly.

"(name) ah, it's been a week already. i will give you until tomorrow okay?" the teacher shook her head.

"alright," (name) looked down at her shoes.

"go home carefully and think about it yeah?"

(name) left and let out a sigh. how many times had she sighed today? who knows. why are teachers rushing their students about careers and stuff? (name) just wants to be able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants. she'll discuss this later with yoongi.

~

the sky was a hue of orange and a tint of pink. (name) was out on her backyard, sitting on the swings. she had just finished her dinner and homework and decided to chill outside. soon, yoongi entered the backyard via the gate of the fences separating their two houses. he joined her friend on the swings and started swinging slowly.

"still thinking about that thing?" he asked, worried for his friend.

(name) hummed a reply. she took out the slip of paper and stared at it. yoongi stopped and got up, wanting to see the paper. (name) passed it to yoongi and he examined the contents.

"didn't you want to become an artist?" he asked. he had already submitted his a month ago. he had wanted to become a record producer and a rapper.

"i do..."

"then why don't you?"

"because! i want to pursue it seriously and that means i'd have to leave and-"

"leave? you can't leave," yoongi stopped swinging and looked at his friend.

"i know we had that promise but i-"

"can't you just study arts here? in daegu? in korea?" he interrupted again.

"i've been working hard for a scholarship. you know that," (name) frowned. she didn't want this to happen but it had to be done.

"i know," he said softly. "its just that, i don't want you to leave me here alone," he stated.

"i won't. at least, not now," (name) tried to reassure her friend.

"promise?"

"promise," (name) smiled. "now come on!" she got up and faced yoongi. "you have to show me your new song," she grinned.

"alright," he smiled. he took her hand and led her to his house. (name) greeted his mother as they made their way to his room. as of now, (name) is going to stay for as long as she could. she plans to spend most of her time with her best friend. that, can't be stopped.

~
a/n

holy shiteu
Just as I was writing this chapter, a notification for 'so far away' suga + jin jk ver. popped up and i immediately went to listen to it.
I was reading the lyrics and i was like
"yEs, thiS is iT"

i  guess you could say that the song inspired me to writing this story? + a previous story I wrote but deleted cuz writing was craP

i was so excited to write this chapter omo

/unedited