you.

(name) was up on the roof again. it wasn't even night time. she was just up there working on her project. she was to paint anything which held important memories to one. she decided to pain the landscape she sees from her house. there wasn't much; other houses, trees and lamp posts. it looked much more pretty at night so the background was going to be the night sky she sees everyday. 

yoongi was in his room, sitting at his desk. he was trying to finish up a song but had some difficulty. he looked out his window, hoping to find some inspiration. he saw a figure up on (name)'s roof.

it must be her. what's she doing up there at this time?

yoongi decided to ditch his papers and climbed up to the roof. there, he saw his friend focusing on her work. he stared in awe as she began to paint the drawing, layering the paints and creating texture. he saw (name)'s little smile as she was satisfied with how the piece was turning out. 

"what're you working on?" he finally asked, plopping down beside (name).

(name) jerked a little but saw yoongi. "holy shit you scared me," she exclaimed as her friend laughs. "i'm working on a project for my portfolio. i'm supposed to paint something that's important to me," (name) smiled.

"and you're painting our neighborhood?" yoongi was curious as to why she decided to paint their plain neighborhood.

"well, i thought it was important to me as i see it every time i face problems and go through them with you so..." she explained shyly.

"how cute," yoongi smiled, ruffling her hair.

"yah! stop it," (name) pouted. 

"alright, alright. i won't bother you," yoongi smiled.

(name) got back to painting. yoongi stared at her as she painted, his head resting on his palm. her long hair falls to one side as she focuses on the tiny details. 

"well, i'm done for now," (name) stated, putting the canvas aside.

"that was fast."

"i'm not finished yet. i need to add the layers for texture," (name) explained.

"you've worked hard," yoongi smiled. "take a break."

"sure," the girl yawned.

"lay down here," yoongi gestured at his lap.

(name) lies down, her head on his lap. yoongi looked down to face (name)'s. (name) smiled and rested her eyes. lucky for him, (name) didn't see him blush. yoongi combed his fingers through his hair. this was ridiculous. he was falling deeper and deeper for his best friend. it wont turn out good since (name) wants to leave soon but he really wants her to stay with him. he wants to support her dreams just like she did for him. it's only fair that way. he can't be selfish. yoongi sighed deeply.

"whats with the sigh?" (name) asked, opening her eyes to face yoongi.

"n-nothing," he turned away.

"hmm?" she got up and sat close to him.

"j-just thinking about my music. t-that's all!" yoongi stammered.

"oh! i can help!" (name) exclaimed.

"ah- it's okay. i've got some ideas in my head," yoongi smiled, rubbing his nape awkwardly.

"if you say so."

yoongi let out a small phew and saw (name) getting back to work. 

"i'll go work on my music now," he got up.

"alright. good luck!" (name) wished, her focus still on the canvas.

"see you," yoongi gave a quick kiss on (name)'s forehead and climbed down to his house. 

(name) blushed, her feelings confused. she stared at yoongi as he disappeared into his house. "just what are you doing to me, min yoongi?"  

the painting was complete. there were two figures on the roof, seated together. they represented the two of them of course, staring at the night sky in their quiet neighborhood. she treasured every moment with him, especially their rooftop sessions. she treasured their friendship but when they've been friends since forever, they can't really stop these feelings can they?

~

a/n

oo double update. i'm on an inspiration and motivation spree. also its like 1 am and i can't sleep. well its a short story so i can't be dragging updates. i'll feel guilty lol

/unedited/