me.

(name) sat down, getting herself comfortable for the 12 hour flight. she fiddled with the ring, spinning it around her finger. she smiled to herself, she had never expected yoongi to confess. let alone give her a promise ring. he doesn't seem like the type to do so but if he wanted something, he'll definitely do anything to get it. heck, he even stole her first kiss. she blushed hard at that recent memory.

"that's a pretty ring! did your boyfriend propose to you?" a voice startled (name).

she looked to her right and saw a girl, about her age, smiling at her.

"o-oh! uhm, no," (name) replied sheepishly. "my best friend gave me a promise ring," she added.

"that's so sweet! long distance?" the girl asked.

"i guess you could say that? he hasn't really asked me to be his girlfriend but that's because he can't really deal with long distance," (name) said.

"ah! i'm sure the both of you will get through it," the lady gave (name) a smile. "i'm mina by the way!" the girl introduced herself, holding out her hand.

(name) shook her hand, smiling, "i'm (name), nice to meet you."

"so, what brings you to travel away from this best friend of yours? if you don't mind me asking that is," mina asked.

"oh! i've been accepted into California Institute of the Arts so i have to leave home," (name) explained.

"no way! i'm headed there too! i guess we're the same age," mina exclaimed.

"what course are you majoring in?" (name) asked.

"i'll be majoring in photography!" mira looked passionate. "how about you?"

"i'm taking studio arts," (name) smiled. what are the odds of being seated with another person who has the same destination and can understand your native language?

"like painting?"

"y-yeah!"

"that's amazing! you've gotta show me your paintings sometime!" mira's eyes sparkled as she smiled with glee.

(name) smiled and nodded in agreement. she could see herself being friends with her. as they got back to their own things, (name) took out the enveloped and opened it.

dear (name)

you've probably boarded the plane now or landed. i'm going to miss you so much. i know this opportunity means everything to you and i promise to support you in every way i can. 

you know i can't really put my emotions into words so i'll try my best here. i hate that we have to be so far away from each other but i'm glad that i've finally let out my feelings to you. i haven't asked you to be my girlfriend yet but i hope you could wait for me. i really do love you, (name). wear the ring everyday okay? no one else can take you away from me. remember that.

i hope that everything goes smoothly for you. fighting!

love

yoongi <3

(name) smiled as she read the letter. she let out a small laugh seeing how possessive he was. 

~

it was a long flight, but the two friends made it through. they got into a cab together and was headed for campus. they were a little nervous but the fact that they were together, helping each other out made them felt a little bit better. they got lost trying to look for the administration center as they got distracted by the amazing architecture of the campus. that was a fun adventure.

to their surprise and delight, they were roommates with each other. they could get to know each other better and help each other out. (name) hoped her journey here was going to be great.

as soon as they got into their room, the both of them plopped onto the beds that they have chosen. the room wasn't too small. it had two beds, two desks, two bookshelves, a breakfast counter with a kettle and a bathroom. it was empty but the two of them couldn't wait to decorate the room. they had a week to spend before classes officially starts. 

"ne (name)-ssi, let's go get food," mina suggested, getting up from the bed.

"sure! i'm quite hungry myself. airplane food isn't the best," (name) let out a laugh. 

"after that we could go buy stuff for our dorm?"

"great idea! let's go get ready."

~

it had been a long day. the two friends had their lunch at a fast food restaurant and had gone to a walmart to buy things for their dorm. there were lots of decorative items to put up but they were too tired to do so and had decided to decorate the dorm the next day. they were just lazing around on their bed, using their gadgets.

(name) lied down on her stomach and placed her laptop in front of her. it was currently 11.30 at night so it should be around 7.30 in the morning back home. she hoped yoongi would be awake. she opened up skype and called her friend.

"who ya calling?" mina asked as she heard the ringtone.

"yoongi," (name) smiled. she had explained to mina who he was and everything that has ever happened between them. mina thought they were cute af.

"oho~" mina wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"yah! it's nothing like that," (name) was flustered.

the call was picked up. (name) turned back to her screen to see a sleepy yoongi who had probably just woken up. 

"morning, (name)," he greeted, rubbing his eyes.

"it's night time here dummy," (name) giggled at his tired face.

"oh yeah..." he yawned. "how's your day been?"

(name) shared about her day and even introduced him to mina. they talked for hours, mina decided to sleep first as it was 2 in the morning. yoongi informed you about an audition held by big hit entertainment. he was deciding whether or not he should go for it. (name) of course rooted him to go for it. he had a day left to decide.

"oh? you're still wearing the ring," yoongi noticed.

"a-ah, yeah. i like it," (name) blushed, smiling.

"it fits you," he grinned.

(name) got embarrassed and hid half her face behind her hair. she was struggling to stay awake but she was still jet-lagged from the flight and had a long tiring day.

"yah, you should go sleep too. it's getting late," yoongi advised the girl.

"aigo.. i want to talk to you more," (name) pouted, staring at him. 

"you need your beauty sleep. so do i," he chuckled.

"fine... text me about your decision yeah?" (name) tried to give a smile but yawned instead.

"cute... of course i will. now go to sleep. i love you."

"and i love you too," (name) gave a heart before ending the call.

~

a/n

quick update! 

happy eid to those who are celebrating it! have a blessed syawal with your loved ones!

/unedited/