≪17≫

I quickly looked away but it was too late. He noticed me and left other guys and followed me.

"Aya chan!" He called out loud. SHIT! I looked around for Yukie but she was no longer in my sight. Where the heck did she disappear!? I looked back to see Haruya just in front of me.

"You actually came...?" He asked in disbelief. Oh god, this is so bad. He is misunderstanding the whole situation. I opened my mouth to say something but he just kept staring at me in disbelief and I couldn't find the right word to explain this. I shouldn't have revealed my real appearance in front of him either. Now I got myself into huge trouble here.

"Aya! There she is," I heard my dad calling and I turned back. "I remember you are Hagiyama's son," dad said to Haruya. He looked at both of us confused and nodded. "Nice to meet you, sir," he said politely.

"Ah, you've met my daughter, Aya," he said pointing towards me.

Okay, finally it is completely screwed up...

"Eh!?" Haruya looked at me as though he saw a living zombie.

"Nakanishimatsu Aya...?" He whispered.

"Er, dad, I need to talk to him in private. Can I go now? Okay, thanks, bye," I said quickly not even hearing what dad had to say and pulled completely confused Haruya into a corner where no one was around.

"What is going on? You were a poor scholarship girl going to Sakuragaoka High, right?" he asked dumbfounded. I sighed and decided to tell him the truth. There is no any other option left anyway.

"I am scholarship student but not poor. My dad is the principal of the high school. I have to hide my identity for some reason so please can you keep it a secret? Specially from your brother?" I pleaded him and he nodded still in confusion.

"And by the way, I heard you are dating a girl who is pretending to be me," when I said that, he suddenly seemed uncomfortable. "You should stop dating her, she is lying," I said and he sighed before shaking his head.

"Its not her that's lying," he said silently. "What...?"

"You heard me. Actually its me who said that she is daughter of that principal," he let out a deep sigh. "But why? You could just tell the truth, who would care?" He then planted his face into his palms.

"It's because my dad wanted to pair us up but I didn't want to marry any unknown person. And my dad is so strict, if he would come to know I'm dating someone else, he would kick me out of the house," he said and looked up at me.

"Is she from poor family? Is that why you're afraid?" I asked and he gulped and bit his lower lip.

"No," he said simply.

"Then why does your father so eager to marry you with me? Is there any other reason than me being from a rich family?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I don't know about that," he said and looked down at his feet. I could sense something was wrong. He was definitely hiding something.

"Tell me the truth, what is actually wrong? It seems much deeper than that," I whispered and tried to comfort him. Hoping he would open up to me.

He stared at my eyes for a while before drafting his gaze away.

"Actually, its not a girl," he said in barely in whisper.

"What!?" I almost choked on my own spit. What the heck!? I didn't expect to hear that. 

"I knew everyone despise people like me," he sighed exhausted.

"No, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just felt like it was... weird," I said honestly. I had only heard of gay in stories and I had no idea how should I really react for it. Was I bad for having weird feeling? I didn't feel disgusted, I just felt plain weird.