Chapter 1 (i don't get you)

today was the day my mom and her friend was going out of town for 2 months for this job interview. i had agreed to watch her little son "kirk" until she gets back. i started to pack my clothes that would last me for 2 months. "lets go food shopping, so you can have food over her house and here is a 700 dollars. it should last you for 2 months until we get back." my mom said.

"oh and you dont have to keep an eye on kirk 24/7 you and jahseh can take turns watching him" mrs dawnson said. "who's jahseh" i ask. "OH i forgot to tell you, i have another son name jahseh and he's 18". "does here stay there" i ask. "yes, but he stays in his room all day, so you wont even know he's even there." mrs dawnson answered.

food shopping

soon as i got my cart, i went to the food section and got some steak, chicken, sausages and others. I remember to get some breakfast food, that would last me for 2 months. last thing I remember to get was some juice, snacks and chips that would last me and Kirk 2 months.

soon as my mom and mrs dawnson got finish helping me with the grocery, they both gave me and kirk a hug and said "okay take care, see you guys in 2 months" and then they took off. soon as they left i got up  and lock the door. I look over and then said "so, kirk how old are you" i ask, trying to start a conversation. "im 8 and how old are you". "i'm 15" i answered.

  3 hours later

I heard someone coming through the kitchen door, so i got up to see who it was. i walk into the kitchen to see a boy with half blonde and half black dreads. "are you jahseh" i ask. he just stared at me with a blank face.  good thing kirk came running in because it was so awkward, he was just staring at me. "thats desiri, she is our babysitter, well my babysitter" kirk said to jahseh. jahseh just look at kirk and then look at me and just walk upstairs to his room.

"he really don't like talking...he's weird " kirk chuckled. "do he always act like that" i ask. "yes ! its so annoying !" he yelled. "are you hungry" i said while walking  to the refrigerator. "yea, i was playing in dirt before you came, so i should take a bath first." kirk said while laughing. "okay well ill run  the bath water then and by the time you get out dinner will be ready."

i went upstairs to run his bath water and then as i walk out the bathroom i could see jahseh looking at the wall in his room, because his door wasn't close all the way. i just continue to go downstairs and cook dinner. 2 minutes later i heard kirk coming downstairs saying "whats for dinner". soon as he came in the kitchen, i said "spaghetti".

kirk went running up stairs yelling "jahseh dinner is ready." i started to get nervous, because jahseh was kinda weird . i started to fix kirk plate and sat it down at the table. "you like it" i ask kirk. "yeah, can i have seconds" kirk ask. "sure and you want a capri sun with that" i ask trying to be nice. "yes please" kirk said with a huge smile.

minutes jahseh came in the kitchen just staring at me. i didn't know what to do or say. finally i said "yes" all nervously. he didn't say anything he just continue to look at me with a blank face. "he's waiting for his food." kirk said. "oh i didn't know, if wanted spaghetti or not." i said while making his plate. I was handing him his plate, it took a good minute for him get it. Soon as he took it, he went upstairs to his room.

  awkward 

i went up stairs into the guest room, which was the room i was sleeping in. the worst part about the the guess room was, it was across from jahseh room and we could literately see each other. i was hoping that jahseh would close his door, but he didn't. he was just stairing at me and i could't help it but to stare back. i was gonna close my door but i didn't want to be rude.