//Epilogue//

Hey guys! As you can probably see, I've attached a song to play while you guys read this ^^

I will put a note somewhere as to when you guys will need to play the song to make the sadness more effective. You don't have to, it's up to you.

p.s read the lyrics if you want it the sadness to reach it's max ^^

<Kim Kyung Hee - And I'm Here [Goblin/ 도깨비 OST ]>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I-I ch-choose.... " I stutter in fear of what I might say next,

"W-what are you choosing?" he asked, tears falling like a waterfall of hot rain. I take a deep breath, and letting it all go all at once with sobs interrupting. I only merely opened my mouth to speak when I heard the heavy doors behind me slam open, revealing petrified faces as they tried to get closer. "Please, can the both of you...p-please get away from the edge..." Falynn stutters with her legs shivering as she slowly began to approach us.

Alex and I turned away as we faced each other, both drowning in fear and pain. He mutters something under his breath as he pulled me in for what seemed like one last hug, he pulled away as he turned towards the cliff of the building.

"ALEX! Please don't jump! P-please!" hot tears began to shed my cheeks as the rest began to come closer. He was still walking...slowly as his face slowly turned emotionless. My legs attempted to run towards him, with my hopes full of stopping him before I was held back by arms holding onto mine.

Alex turned again, he was dangerously close to the edge and his entire body was shivering from fear, sorrow, confusion and pain. His eyes were swollen from the ocean that had escaped which now stained his shirt and face. "Every moment I spent with you...is something I am most grateful of. Every memory I have with all of you, shined and will be kept safely inside of me. I'll say hi to Ella and Jill for you. I-I'm...s-sorry, but I can't take it anymore. I'm hurting all of you, I hope that your lives will be better off without me."

"Alex...please...don't do this..." I cry as I whispered to him.

"And for you Emma. I'm sorry to leave you like this." He paused as he wiped his tears away. "You were the treasure that I found but never got to keep. Forgive me..." He shows a sorrowful smile as he began to walk backwards. I screamed from the top of my lungs, telling him to stop. It felt like everything was in slow motion as I felt like I was being restrained from stopping a friend from ending his life.

"No...stay a-away from the edge. Please. I'll hate myself for eternity if you jump. P-please. Stop..." He stopped. Falynn had a strong grip on my arm, Paul and Ana on the other side and Jenny was blocking me from the front. "P-please...Let me just talk to him." They exchanged glances before slowly releasing the tension on my small body. Alex – who was only a few centimeters away from falling – had stood still, waiting eagerly as he felt the guilt and regret in his chest.

[a/n: Play the song now. ^^]  

I shivered towards him, slowly, thinking of the many ways I could stop this if I did something. Something worth a thousand dollars, like a sacrificial exchange. As I got closer and closer, I noticed his breathing had slowed down and his arms were loosely hanging on his sides. I held both my hands out for him to hold, he took it and waited for me to speak.

"Alex. You were one of my best friends, one of my childhood friends, you were more than a friend to me. You meant the world to me." I looked back on everyone else, who all held hands tightly. Afraid of what might come next as they tried not to show it. I looked up to the dark, starry night sky with grace and honour. "These people mean the world to me, I wish to be there for every single one of them like their guardian. I hate to be told what to do." I take a deep breath as I prepared myself to continue to speak against the divinity. "A choice between living and love, huh? My choice will be decided on what I do next."

I looked back on reality, observing these faces. Ana, Jenny, Maya, Lisa, Penelope, Paul, Carrie, Falynn and Alex. I held Alex's hands even tighter as I tip toed up to him to whisper in his ear. "I love you, but I'm afraid to hurt you when I go. Which is why you should forgive me and move on with your life." I held him in my arms as tears fell on my face. "I could hold you for a billion years, and I will continue to do so in my dreams." I pushed away and pulled him behind me, resulting with us switching positions then proceeding to push him towards everyone else. "I'm sorry."

I walked back and felt the air pushing against my back. I saw faces looking over the edge with tears and screams of horror. I got further and further away from them until they looked like tiny specks of ink on the corner of a thin line.

Everything felt like it stopped for a second. My last and final wish is to be able to watch over them, to be able to be around them, making sure no harm comes their way. I will say hi to Ella and Jill for all of you, I'll be there in your dreams at night, I will hold you all in my mind. My whole life and all my heart belongs to you all. You are all my whole life and all my heart.

I'll beg the gods to let me fly above the clouds with all the birds, I'll beg them to let me come back as the rain and snow.

I'll be here. Here for you. I'll be waiting.

Everything went blurry, before turning pitch black. This time, I know I won't wake up on the hospital bed with bright lights beaming into my eyes. I'm still here, but I'll be alone. Alone but safe. Don't worry about me, I'll be here. Always.

My head slowly shifts from me, like it was being pulled away from me. Death is painful, but it'll be over soon. Soon.

I'll be here. I'll always be here.

~~Fin~~

Between Living and Love by hyperactivestories. Completed on 21.06.17. All rights reserved.

"When you feel completely lost, I'll be here. Here for you."