Tips

Note: This page will be updated after each release of a new role. If no tips are posted under a certain role, this means the character introduction has not yet been written or posted.  This page will go under massive editing to add other tips and information straight from the Town of Salem Wiki Page. Thank you for your patience as I continue to work on this project. As of May 27, 2021, this page is temporarily on-hold. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello everyone and welcome to my newest project, The Town of Salem.

I have decided to create my own fanfiction based off of Town of Salem by BlankMediaGames. Since this book will be written as one large game including ALL of the roles (in both the regular game and in the Coven DLC), I wanted to start with a page that offered all of the tips and possible plays for each of the roles.

I thought that this might be fun for new and current players to help understand gameplay a little more, which will hopefully be clear once the actual story is picked up after each of the role introductions.

I would love for this page to be collaborative, so please feel free to offer your input if you are familiar with the game and some of these roles. I love hearing feedback from my followers and readers, so please don't be shy.

Bodyguard
Choose a Town member to protect (preferably a confirmed Town member).
Save your self-vest until you are more likely to be attacked by a killing role.
Keep a will of who you protect each night.

Doctor
Choose a Town member to heal (preferably a confirmed Town member).
Save your self-heal until you are more likely to be attacked by a killing role.
If you are playing Lovers Mode in Coven, you usually should choose to heal your Lover.
Keep a will of who you protect each night.

Escort
ALWAYS keep a will in case you are attacked by the Serial Killer.
Distract any players who may seem suspicious as a killing role.

Investigator
Keep a will of the players that you investigate each night.
Write down each player's possible roles after their names once they are investigated.

Jailor
Jail players who seem suspicious so you can execute them.
Keep a will of the people you jailed so you can take note of the claims and  in case you are attacked by the Serial Killer.
One way to play is to jail people to gather claims and to find which players are suspicious and claiming the same roles.

Lookout
Keep a will of the players that visit your target when you watch them at night.
Watch a player that has claimed or is a confirmed Town member. These people are more likely to be visited by an evil role that is out to harm or kill them.
Do not be afraid to claim Lookout if you have important information to give. If the player you watched died and only one person visited them, it is worth telling the town to get that person lynched than to sit and let them continue to kill until the Town loses the majority.

Mayor
If you would like the achievement, feel free to reveal before everyone turns in for the night.
With recent patches, it is now more logical to wait to reveal until you begin to lose the Town majority. Since Mayors are given three votes instead of one, it can help to turn a game back to the Town majority. MAYORS CANNOT BE HEALED OR WHISPERED TO ONCE THEY HAVE REVEALED. See the example that I provided at the end of the Mayor section.
If you are able to, wait to reveal until there are very few (or no) Town members left and very few Mafia/Coven/Neutral members. When you know that a person is a confirmed evil role and you are one of the last townspeople alive, you can easily win the game by lynching them single-handedly. It certainly is a dramatic ending.
One of the best Mayor plays that I have seen was in All Any where they claimed Survivor from the beginning of the game. This worked well in their favor so, even though Town was the minority, they were able to reveal and pull a win for the town with two Arsonists, a Mafia member, and one or two other Town members. Be smart with your claims (if you choose to have one) because it could save your faction the game.