Medium

Alignment:
Town (Support)

Abilities:
Speak with a dead person at night.

Attributes:
You will speak to your target anonymously.

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

Cold, slender fingers brushed the handle of the abandoned shack, her garments catching on the chipped wood as she entered. The cool air rested on her shoulders, wrapping her in a sense of comfort as she left the corrupted village behind. Her bare feet were relieved by the glazed wood floors, home at last. The door had shut behind her, the empty room beckoning her closer.

The woman made her way to the center of the room, a thin garment choking the shades of purple that emitted through the flimsy fabric. Her fingertips stroked the figure, taking the cloth in her hands and pulling it gently. Light flooded the room, the crystal ball beaming brightly as she came closer.

Her hands grazed the cool glass of her prized possession, her chest swelling with the divine beings that lived within the graveyard and beyond her control. The purple hues bled through her fingertips, painting her face. Her hair tumbled past her shoulders as she looked through her crystal ball, perturbed.

She was able to speak with the dead, but no one was there to speak with her. There had been no recent deaths, bringing her searches to end inconclusively. The Town would not be pleased and she would be at risk for being lynched the next morning, but there wasn't much else that she could do.

She had no answers.

She took the thin garment in her hands and draped it across the crystal ball, sighing softly as she gathered her bearings and exited the shack. She closed the door, the depth of the night suffocating her. It had not been long before the woman forced herself to take a deep breath, walking back towards the village. She dreaded this decision, but she had nowhere else to go.

Her bare feet were screaming as she walked down the path, the rough terrain of the land causing them a great amount of discomfort. The woman ignored their cries for help, pushing herself through the depths of the woods. There wasn't much else that she could do. She was required to report to the village by morning. Her home had been placed at the edge of the town, making it difficult for her to spend much of her time in the abandoned abode. Her distance to travel was far and she had no time to lose. Her sacrifice to her people came from the length of time she had to spend to come to them. If she could stay in the shack, she would have in a heartbeat.

The woman froze in her tracks, hearing the bushes rustle and the twigs snap. She slowly backed away into the shadows, keeping low to the ground as she watched a figure emerge. The girl brushed the dirt and grime off of her clothes, observing her surroundings. She had come a long way, her notebook and pen tucked under her arm as a smile became plastered to her face. The medium had a strong sense of comfort with this girl, but she kept quiet.

The girl shifted her notebook from one arm to the next, referring to her map before continuing across the path. She was muttering words of awe under her breath, causing the woman to smile.

She stumbled out of her hiding place, her garments catching on the branch of a tree as she stood in the middle of the path. She watched the young girl as she observed and entered the first house, causing the medium to shiver. She smiled, her heart pounding within her chest.

It was her chance to convince the townspeople of the validity of her divine powers, and this young girl would be the first to believe her.