Spy

Alignment:
Town (Investigative)

Abilities:
You may bug a player's house to see what happens to them that night.

Attributes:
You will know who the Mafia and Coven visit at night.

Goal:
Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

The man sat absolutely still, his body freezing in time as he listened intently to the machinery that surrounded him. He longed for a time when he could listen to the conversations that took place at night, hearing the Mafia as they spoke of their maniacal plans. He tapped his fingertips on the tabletop, sighing as he took off his headset. The static continued to fill the stale air, causing him a large amount of discomfort.

For the past few nights, the man was unable to sense any form of movement. Although the killings had become stagnant, he was unable to get over the thought that the killers had just left. It wasn't possible. They wouldn't give up that easy.

The man chewed his lip, allowing his hearing to shift to the distant ticks and tocks of the clock. It had recently struck midnight, which he had missed in his time of stupor. His eyes drifted down to his pad of paper, his poor penmanship covering the yellowed pages. He began chewing on the cap of the pen, uncomforted by the silence. His leg began to twitch under the table, his body shaking with anticipation.

His acute hearing picked up the faint footfalls of a newcomer, causing him to throw a glance towards the window. He slowly pushed out his chair, doing his best to minimize his contribution to the sound of the night. He gently pressed his foot into the floorboards, making the journey towards the front window.

He knew exactly where each creaky floorboard had been placed. He was able to sidestep away from the planks of petrified wood, approaching the beam of moonlight that caressed his face.

His eyes fell upon a young woman who had entered the clearing, watching her as she viewed her surroundings. He had forgotten his pad of paper, his fingers nervously tapping against his leg as he watched her. She was approaching the newly renovated house, taking her time as she entered through the door. He ran towards his pad of paper, flipping to a new page.

He quickly made notes of every single detail and feature that she possessed. His writing quickly filled the paper, his heart racing at his findings. He turned to his laptop, seeing that there continued to be no activity from the Coven or the Mafia. He tapped the tip of his pen against the pad of paper, looking back towards the window.

Maybe she was the missing piece of the puzzle that he was looking for.