C.C | Summer

Summary: You absolutely hate summer so Cody decides to change your mind.

It was summer, the season of the hot weather, barbecues, ice cold drinks, party anthems to dance to in the sun, inflatable swimming pools and sunbathing. Summer — aka, the season you hated. You were an Autumn/Winter girl, you loved the cold weather where you could live in your cosy sweaters and Ugg boots, drink copious amounts of hot chocolate and light heavenly scented seasonal candles you loved. You hated summer because you hated feeling muggy and overheated. You hated getting sunburn and you always felt self conscious about wearing summery clothes, more revealing clothes to keep you cool. You felt you were a bit bigger than most girls so you were never comfortable with it. Cody however, loved summer.

"Babe, I'm home!" you heard your boyfriend call and you called back from the living room. "In here!"

You listened to his footsteps until he appeared holding two full shopping bags. "We're having a barbecue today!" he grinned.

You had to admit, the barbecues were the only aspect of summer you actually liked. You flashed him a smile and he took the bags to the kitchen to unpack. You got up and went to help him and together you managed to get everything packed away in five minutes. You picked up the remaining item left, a box of cereal and you reached up on your tippy toes to put it on top of the cupboard, however you couldn't reach. You felt a hand on your waist and Cody took the box from you and effortlessly placed it up on top of the cupboard, his breath on your neck.

You rolled your eyes playfully and he pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "I think I'm gonna take a dip in the pool since the weathers nice, why don't you come join me?"

"Oh, no I'm fine in here. It's too hot" you answered however Cody half expected that response.

"Y/N, I know you hate summer so I'm going to change your mind" he told you. "Now come out and chill with me."

"But I don't really have summer attire babe" you stated to your pouting boyfriend.

"That's why I got you this" you watched him magically pull out a third bag and he presented a ruby red lace up one-piece swimsuit. The sight of it made you gulp.

"Cody.. I—"

"Please try it on," he looked at you with hopeful eyes, still wearing that cute pout. "If you don't like it, I promise you can take it off."

You sighed knowing you couldn't say no to him, so you took the one piece from him and jogged upstairs to your room. You stripped out of your mom jeans and t-shirt and slipped on the swimsuit, already feeling a lot cooler, but unfortunately self conscious. You looked at your reflection in the mirror, the swimsuit hugging your curves. You sighed once again and grabbed a long cardigan, wrapping it around you and you returned downstairs where your boyfriend was waiting, you spotted him on the sofa where the patio doors were open leading out to the back yard.

"Hey" he smiled when he saw you. "Can I see?"

You sucked in a large breath before reluctantly slipping the cardigan off you and it fell to the floor, revealing the swimsuit. Cody's eyes widened and his mouth fell open as he scanned you from head to toe.

"It looks bad doesn't it?" you groaned, going to pick up the cardigan again but your boyfriend was quick to grab your hand and stop you. He then cupped your cheek with his other hand and looked straight into your eyes.