C.C | Pumpkin Carving

Summary: It's officially fall which means Halloween is close by. You and your boyfriend Cody spend the evening pumpkin carving and end up having a pumpkin guts fight.

 You and your boyfriend Cody spend the evening pumpkin carving and end up having a pumpkin guts fight

My hands rooted through the large box of Halloween decorations I'd seeked out from the attic. It was officially October, officially fall, which meant one thing — Halloween. Let's just say I was a little extravagant when it came to decorating the house for things like Halloween and Christmas and birthdays, but I loved it.

I lightly squealed to myself when I found the pumpkin fairy lights which gave off a soft orange glow I'd bought last year. I grabbed some pins and a chair, standing up on it and pinning the first end up on the wall of the living room. I heard the door open and the sound of my boyfriend's voice; "I'm home!"

"In here!" I called out and listened to his footsteps until, in the corner of my eye, I spotted his broad figure in the doorway. "Oh god, the decorations are out" He joked, making me roll my eyes playfully and hop down from the chair. I approached him and placed a gentle kiss to his lips. "How was your workout?"

"Good. I picked something up on my way home" He hummed, making me quirk my eyebrows with curiosity. "What did you pick up?"

I felt him take my hand and drag me into the kitchen where I saw two large vibrant orange pumpkins sitting on the table. Once again, except a lot louder, I squealed and clapped my hands, turning to face him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He chuckled into my neck, lifting my feet off the ground for a few seconds before I pulled away, grinning widely.

"They're awesome! Can we carve them tonight?" I asked him like a little kid.

"Of course," He pressed a kiss to my cheek before walking out of the room. "I'm gonna shower. Don't fall off any chairs!"

By the time Cody had finished showering, I'd finished decorating the whole house (without falling off any chairs) and it well and truly felt like Autumn. I was sat on the sofa drinking my candy corn flavoured coffee when he flopped down on the sofa, moving my legs so they were sprawled across his lap. He traced shapes into them as my eyes were trained on the TV where Hocus Pocus was playing.

"Can we order a pizza?" He hummed in thought.

"Pizza sounds good" I flashed him a smile and a nod. He pulled out his phone and dialled our usual takeout place, placing our pizza orders.

We got up and grabbed the pumpkins and some tools, seating ourselves on the floor beside the in front of the TV. We drew our designs on the orange skin with thick black marker pens before grabbing our knives and getting started. We had a large bowl between us to throw our pumpkin guts into.

I gasped when I felt a slimy substance hit my face. I looked at Cody with my mouth open at the fact he'd just chucked pumpkin insides at my head. He was grinning, stifling a laugh. I grabbed a handful of my own and flung it in his direction.

"You do realise what you just started, right?" He said.

"Me? You chucked this shit at me first!" I pointed an accusing finger at him.

"You retaliated!" He copied my action and I pursed my lips together, shaking my head.

At the same moment, we started grabbing the pumpkin guts, getting on our feet and circling the sofas, flinging it across to one another, giggling and gasping. I squealed, running through to the kitchen, hiding behind the island. I heard his footsteps and what he didn't know was that I'd grabbed the whole bowl of pumpkin guts.

I tiptoed out of my spot to see him with his back to me and I took the opportunity to tip the bowl upside down on top of his head. He groaned knowing I'd won. I laughed hysterically at his reaction, bending over as I struggled to breathe. As much as he tried to be angry, he ended up watching me and chuckling himself.

"Okay, you win" He held his hands up before a devilish smile overtook his lips. "You know what your prize is?"

"What?" I tilted my head, placing my hands on my hips.

I screamed when he launched himself on me, lowering my body to the floor so I was lying down and he was on top of me, covering me in his pumpkin gunk. "Cody!" I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed on top of me. He lifted his head from the crook of my neck so he was looking down at me.

"You love me really" He nudged his nose against my own before placing his lips on mine. My eyes fluttered shut and my hands fisted up the material of his shirt in my palms. His hands trailed down my sides, finding themselves underneath my shirt. I gasped at the coolness of them against my warm skin.

Our bodies jumped as the doorbell rang and we looked at each other before bursting out laughing at the situation. We were both covered in pumpkin gunk, and somehow we had to answer the door to get our pizzas. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

 But we wouldn't have it any other way

Do you prefer Theo or Cody imagines?