Boys...

A/N Sorry for a late update AGAIN :(

Lily's P.O.V

It was friday now and I'm still trying to figure out what happened a few days ago with Michael. Did it mean he had feelings for me? No, it was probably a heat of the moment kind of thing. And now here I was sat at lunch with Ashton, Calum and the girls, while thinking about Michael, yet I have a date with Donovan tonight.

Well done Lily.

Well fucking done.

I put my head in my hands and let out a groan, it seemed to spark some attention because I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I looked up I saw Ashton, a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He said, almost cautiously. God he was so sweet. He wasn't actually the jerk everyone thought he was.

"Yeah just some stuff that happened a few days ago, it doesn't matter." I tried to sound convincing but, let's be honest, it wasn't my best trait.

"With Michael?" What? How the fuck does he know about that?!

"How the fuck do you know about that?" He chuckled lightly at this although I saw...what looked like pain flash across his eyes.

"He told me at band practice." Band practice?

"You're in a band?" My curiosity taking over. He chuckled again, this time with more happiness in his eyes.

"Yeah me, Calum, Luke and Michael." Aw shit, I had no idea Ashton OR Calum could sing, I heard Luke and Michael in music and let me tell you; They were incredible. A comfortable silence dawned upon us before Ashton's face lit up with what I asumed was an idea.

"Come to band practice!" He looked like a five year old being offered chocolate and I couldn't hold back a giggle at the excitement on his face. Now that I think about his offer, it didn't seem too bad.

"You know what? I think I'll have to take you up on that offer, Irwin." If I thought his grin could get any wider, I was wrong.

~Later that day~ (Like an hour after school idk)

(Still Lily's P.O.V btw)

I was hovering over my bed, peering at my outfit options before my date tonight. My stomach was churning, but not with butterflies like I expected. No, it was churning with worry and regret. I wasn't excited for this date and I was starting to think my small crush I had on Donovan was fading.

Why go on a date with someone you don't fancy?

Thankyou subconcious. You irrelevant little shit. I had to go, I promised him. I'll just tell him afterwards that I think we should just stay friends. Yes. That's what I'll do.

Well done Lily. Ten out of fucking ten.

I had just walked out of my room, hair slightly curled at the ends and makeup done. I had chosen a pair of dark was high waisted jeans and a plain salmon-ish dress top, I have no idea what's happening tonight so I went for kind of smart casual look (A/N idk). The doorbell rang so I walked downstairs, checking my makeup on the way, and swung the door open.

Donovan looked stunning as ever but I didn't get that swarm of butterflies in my stomach that I normally would when I laid eyes on him. He walked me to his car and opened the door like a gentleman. God he was making this hard. We had been driving for about 20 minutes before pulling up to a small park, a few children dotted here and there with their parents' but were slowly leaving as it got later and later in the day.

We had been at the park for a couple of hours now, making small talk and what not before Donovan turned to me,

"Um Lily. I...I was wondering if we could, you know, just stay...friends? It's not that I don't like you, I just see you as more o-of a best friend." He looked at the ground after he spoke, probably waiting for me to be upset about it. I let out a sigh of relief and gave him a grin.

"Honestly, I was thinking the same, I was just too scared to admit it." I confessed.

After being dropped off by Donovan and agreeing to just stay friend I texted Ashton. (Lorie had randomly put his number in my phone one day)

Did you still want me to come to band practice? - Lily

Not even five minutes after sending it I was recieving a reply.

Of course! How about tomorrow, around 11ish? x

I was free tomorrow so...Tomorrow it is. I gave him a quick text before hopping in the shower (idk if other countries say this but the British do).

Tomorrow it is x

A/N The next chapter will be up ASAP. This one is unedited atm.