Blood, Sweat and Tears

{A/N}: "So, we all got pretty good imagination yeah? I couldn't find the picture that I had in my mind to go with this story so let's all pretend that he's sitting in a dark house, not smiling or holding a basketball. Kay, onwards readers!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I slowly pulled myself up from the rough carpet and looked around my living room. My house had become a crime scene. How am I suppose to stay here now? I'm only fifteen!  I shouldn't be dealing with this right now. I was just about to graduate and...

   Man... How am I supposed to tell her? My stepmom had to go to San Francisco for 2 years and now she doesn't have her husband any more... Just like I don't have my dad...

   I don't know how long I sat there staring into nothing. My mind is empty. I have no thoughts that's going on. I stood there while I looked at my dad just lying there in cold blood.

Clean the doorknob so I don't get caught.

   That once sentence came flowing in from the back of my brain. He... murdered my dad while I was in practice. Tell me why I wouldn't want him to get caught?

More thoughts came rushing in.

Are you going to do me like that?

I won't hurt you. That is, if you keep your mouth shut. As long as you don't squeal, you will be okay. It's your decision now.

Right. That's why. I will die.

But...

Will he know if I tell?

   Come on Yoongi. You seen enough movies where things of similar has happen. The killer always watch you or have things hidden so they can hear you without being there. Most of the time they put a micro chip... speaker? Whatever it's called on your clothes. I can't think about that right now.

   The only thing is that this was no movie. This isn't a movie where people die on scene but not in real life. This is reality. I lost my dad for good. He's never coming back.

How do I even do this? This is the first situation that I have been in that is a murder. Never in a million years did I think I would be.

   I wiped the sweat from my forehead and began to move.  I got a tissue and began to wipe the door knob and everything else that I think that he probably touched when coming to attack my dad.

Why do I feel like an accomplice to dad's murder? I don't even know what is the right thing to do...

"Dad... What do I do? What can I do?" I know it's stupid to talk to a dead person. Knowing full well he won't answer me back.

   I pulled my phone out and dialed 119. While speaking, my voice was steady and unwavering. After telling them my address, they said they will be here in five.

Not Knowing what else to do, I went back and sat down in the spot where the attacker had me and pulled my knees to my chest. I sat staring at the body laying down over by the table. A body that is no longer warm. A body that will never breathe air in his lungs. A body that will never greet me when I get home.

A body that I can no longer smile at...

   I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I slowly moved my eyes up towards the stranger. How long had I been lost in my thoughts?