A Butterfly Trapped in a House of Cards P.2

-A Year Later-

Jimin's P.O.V

    I heard Sung- Jae come running into my room. He jumped onto my bed and started moving around. "Wake up Minnie! WAKE UP!!" I rolled over and pulled the cover over my head, causing Sung-Jae to fall onto the floor with a hard thud. "Oww..." Sung-Jae stood up then and yanked me out of bed. As soon as I was on the floor, I felt water hitting my face. "Happy birthday Minnie!" I put up my hands up trying to block the water and snatch way the water gun. "Sorry sweety." I saw my mom peek around my wall. "I didn't know what he was planning. He just came running towards the stairs as soon as I opened the door." I glared at my mom.

    "Oma!" I yelled out at her. "Omo, so scary." She started to laugh as she walked away. I stood up, feeling the water drip from my hair. I gave a fierce glare through my wet bangs. It seems like he got the idea. "Run?" I nodded. "Ohh yeah." I heard him gulp. Within seconds, he fled down the hall. "Keunko! I won't let you off." We dashed down the hall, cutting the corners smoothly. I was about to catch him until I bumped into my dad's legs. I saw Sung-Jae hiding behind him. "Alright boys. Stop running around." I looked up at my dad and pouted. "But Abeoji! He sprayed me with a water gun while I was sleeping!"

    He shook his head and headed back down the hall. "Well. If you boys don't want to go out then by all means, keep horsing around." I glanced at Sung-Jae. I stuck my tongue out and pulled down my bottom eye lid. His mouth dropped and I ran back to the room to get change. I ran down stairs and saw mom in the kitchen. I took a chair and climb up to give her a kiss. "Bye mom. I'll be back!" She pecked my cheek. "Arasseo." I went outside and got in the car. "Where are we going?" I asked Sung-Jae. He was buckling in his seat belt and when he finished, he turned to look at me. "Where you ask? We're going to get the BYR of course." I nodded my head in realization.

    "Sung-Jae, where did you say to pick them up at?" Dad asked. "I told them to tell their parents to drop them off at the park. They should be there already." Dad started the van and pulled out the drive way to head to the park. The park wasn't that far away so we were there within a few minutes. As soon as we stopped the van, we saw a bunch of kids making a dash towards us. LuHan, Xiumin, Hani and Hwasa sat in the very back. Those who sat in the second row towards the back were Minho, Minhyuk, Yerin and Hongbin. Then in the first row was Sung-Jae and I. Nae-il and Lee Frank were pushing and shoving to see who got to sit next to me. "Move it Bushy! I'm sitting next to Jimin." Lee Frank shoved the class rep. She used all of her strength to push him backwards causing him to fall out of the car and onto his bottom.

    "Stay out of my fatty! We had a deal. Whoever got here to the car first was going to sit next to the birthday boy and of course, you were the loser. You can't go back on your word." She spat out at him and then used her bottom to push Sung-Jae over and sat down next to me. She smiled up at me and pushed up those thick glasses of hers. "Happy birthday Jimin. You have two more years before you reach ten and then you'll be making your way to your tween years." I gave her a small nod of thanks and glanced over at Sung-Jae who had his hands up in the air saying that he doesn't know either. Sung-Jae went to help Lee Frank into the car. He sat down next to Sung-Jae and scowled over at Nae-il who was still smiling up at me. "You only want to sit next him because you likeeee him."

    The way she turned her head towards him was beyond scary. She looked like some kind strange and unknown creature. "Who said I like him!? I don't like him at all." She spat back at him. "Yes, you do. Before they arrived, you kept looking in your mirror trying to fix that mop that you call hair." Dad cut the fussing when he cleared his throat. "Do everyone have their seat belt on?" He didn't start the van until we gave him the thumbs up. "So. Jimin, how does it feels to be eight years old now?" I heard Hwasa speak up from the back. "I don't feel anything. I'm just a year older now. It feels like any other year."