Chapter 4: Abandoned

Omega looked back towards the Temple, as Mason sharpened his sword. Ultra boxed around with the hay dolls and Chris and Jenny worked on strategies. Master N noticed Omega and went over to him as Suttle spoke to Rikky and Steven. 

N: "I understand taking down a foe like him will not be easy."

Omega: "What's your story? How did you get here?"

Master N took off his glasses and his pupils were faint. 

Omega: "You're.. blind?"

N: "Yeah. An incident, in my earlier life."

Omega: "What happened?"

Everyone dropped their weapons as soon and Omega spoke back. They ran towards Omega and Nick and sat around them. 

N: "Aww jeez."

Jenny: "We're finally gonna hear the origins of Old Man Nick-"

N: "HEY!"

Omega: "It's alright. If you don't want to share your path with us, I under-"

N: "No. It's fine. This will be a bonding experience for all of us."

Master N took his glasses back on and laid back, against a large boulder. Omega sat next to Ultra and Mason and they got comfortable. Master N took his cane and laid it across the floor. 

N: "This was around ten years ago.."

Ten Years Ago..

Nick and his brother, Russell, were tending the crops until a small village girl passed by. 

"Hey boys."

Rus: "Huh. Hey."

N: "Rus. Work."

"I need someone to guide me to Uncle Jared's market. It's an awful way down the street, and I wouldn't like to be alone."

Rus: "I'll take you down."

Rus pulled his sleeves back but Nick grabbed onto his left ankle. 

N: "Father left us, in charge of the corn and rice crops. If we do not finish, by the time he gets back, he will discipline us."

"Chill out, old-y. Everything will be alright."

Rus: "Yeah, Nick. You gotta chill out every now and then."

N: "Russell! I'm not even kidding! The market is down this road! Let her go by herself-"

Rus: "You have to stop treating me as if I were a kid!"

Rus kicked Nick back and he fell into the water. He took off his dress shirt and squeezed out the water as Rus took the girl to the market. When the two got there, she opened the door and looked back to Rus. 

"I live at the house, two streets from yours. Come by sometime."

Rus: "Oh yeah. Definitely. Yo, sorry about my brother. He always makes up these lies, just to finish the work he could never do by himself."