- 01 -

O N E

.

Falling

________________________

Standing on the edge of the ledge, she realized that it's not at all like how she imagined it would be.

It was a complete and utter silence, sending chilling ripples up and down her spine. There was no wind whistling in her ear and playing with her chestnut locks, no ravens cawing their ear-splitting cries, no thunders rumbling from the distance. All around her was a beautiful grass field with beds of flowers, exploding in different colors.

It was serene, everything was still, but all she felt was an intense pressure that she'd grown acquainted to a little too well than necessary – unsettling anxiety.

All of a sudden, the gaping hole that stood just an inch away from her feet seemed to stretch, widening, doubling in size – waiting for her. Waiting to enfold her in its absent hold, waiting for her to embrace its calling. Her eyelids fell shut and she threw herself in.

The feeling of weightlessness was staggering. Panic rose from her chest all the way through her veins – she opened her mouth, but she couldn't find her voice. She succumbed further, deeper into the darkness, her emerald orbs wide and cloudy – a mute cry of dread.

There were invisible hands clawing from the inside of her stomach, clenching her windpipes, suffocating her. What awaits her in this seemingly bottomless pit? Will she break or will she discover a whole new land?

Swallowing all doubts and worries, she shut her eyelids and welcomed the whimsical plunge with open arms.

A/N: Heeeello ^^ So, as the title suggests, this will be a compilation of randomness that I've kept stowed away in my phone for... years, I guess... :/ Basically, a random prompt pops up in my head and I get this urge to write it down. Since I don't always have a title, I just started calling them by Randomness <insert Roman numerals here> instead... Just clarifying, 'randomness' means that every chapter is a standalone, a one-shot or an anthology, you might call it. Hopefully one day, Tall Tales will cease to exist and instead, morph into piles of completed stories! :3 But then again... I'm way too non-committal and too lazy to actually finish anything...

This was originally Randomness XIV – the initial idea was actually a lot more of an adventure, fantasy genre that revolves around romance. But it never happened. So yeah, this is based on the many many thoughts before finally taking the decision that "yes, I'm falling for my crush." It's really a nice feeling, that pre-falling, but the gnawing thoughts isn't. 😕

Post Scriptum

Nah, it's not based on a true story. Not quite, at least.

Love eternally,
Caera Keane