A Little Awkward

Key Added:
[H/S] - Hair Style
This is a pretty long chapter, brace yourself (large paragraphs) XD

Images at end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Reader POV---

After her lesson I took Leia to the store to get the items on the list my mom gave me. The trip only took around 20 minute. I trudged carrying the bags, Leia held on to one of the bag handles so I wouldn't lose her.

"Why so much?" I complained while walking. Leia laughed looking at me. "What're you laughin at?" I asked smiling at her. "You're silly [F/N]" She said laughing.

"Not silly, tired" I said chuckling. We continued to walk and it felt like the bags only got heavier, I groaned as I walked.

"Need some help?" I heard a voice from behind me, I turned and saw Kai's best friend, Akio. I laughed, "Nothing I can't handle" I said smiling. "What are you doing here?" I asked confused, he didn't live where we did.

"I was on my way to see if Kai was at your house, I need to talk to him" he answered. "Want some help since I'm headed that way?" he asked pointing to the bags. I chuckled, "Why not?" I said and handed him some of the bags. I switched the bags that Leia was holding onto to the other hand and took her hand in my free one.

"What do you need to talk to Kai about?" I asked curiously as we walked. His head dropped a little, "Oh it's nothing, just a little stressed that's all" He answered simply. I looked at him worried, after all he was like my brother but I decided not to press the matter. We walked the rest of the way just talking, he asked about my riding and I asked about baseball. Soon enough we made it to my house.

"We're back" I yelled walking in, but no response I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen. Leia ran to her room and Akio followed me with the bags. I found a note on the counter.

"We had to take Mei to the mall to pick up a few things, we'll be back in about an hour. Your brother went on a run and I don't know when he'll be back. -Mom"

I sighed and put the note down, I quickly put the groceries away before walking into the living room. Akio was sitting on the couch petting Nala's head. "Kai went on a run and I don't know when he'll be back" I said walking in. I sat down next to him and began to pet Nala too.
"Oh" he said disappointed. "You can talk to me you know" I said looking at him. He smiled, "Thanks, I uh, guess I'm just stressed about what I'm going to do after all of this" he began, "I want to play baseball professionally but I don't know if I'm good enough" he said frowning.
"Have you been scouted at all?" I asked watching him. He nodded, "Yeah, from tier 2 and 3 schools but no tier 1 yet. Those are the schools pros come out of, has Kai gotten recruited at all?" He asked, I shook my head "he's in the same boat" I said. He sighed, "Kai is a better player than I am and he hasn't even gotten scouted by a tier 1 school. What hope do I have?" he said frustrated.

"Hey hey, don't beat yourself up like that. You and Kai play different positions, you pitch and he catches you can't compare yourselves. Akio listen to me" I said putting a hand on his forearm, he looked at me. "You are an amazing pitcher and I'm sure you'll get scouted, just like how I'm sure Kai will. Any school would be lucky to have you." I said smiling, he only looked into my [E/C] eyes. I diverted my eyes to where I held his arm, "I know what it's like to be uncertain about your future, I am too. It's just important to remember that you'll always have people there for you. Your family, Kai, your team, even me, we're all cheering you on" I said smiling and I looked back up at him meeting his gaze. His gaze was very loving and I was a little caught off guard by it, I figured I should just continue talking to fill the silence.