Life Must Go On

---Reader's POV---

"Stop! No! Leave me alone!" I yelled running through the halls. "You can't get away from me that easily" a sinister voice yelled from behind me. I turned the corner and hid behind a row of lockers. I closed my eye and breathed heavily, trying to catch my breath. I didn't hear any foot steps, I peeked my head around the locker. I looked down the way I came and saw nothing, I sighed in relief. I turned back to how I was when a hand quickly grabbed my throat and yelled "Miss me!"

"Huuhh!" I gasped shooting awake. I woke in a cold sweat, out of breath, and my cheeks felt damp, I held a hand to my throat and looked around. I realized where I was and that it was all a dream. I took a deep breath and rubbed my face. I looked at my clock, it was still an hour and a half before my alarm, this also meant my family was asleep still. I shifted in my bed, but couldn't get comfortable again, I couldn't shake the feeling on my neck. I decided to get up and shower.
I stood there just letting the water run over me. When I got out I didn't bother with contacts, I just wanted to get through this day. 'I felt fine yesterday, what happened?' I thought drying my hair and looking in the mirror. I had dark circles under my eyes and I looked exhausted, I shook my head trying to get it back to normal. It didn't work. I went back into my room and changed into my uniform, then throwing my hair onto a ponytail. I honestly didn't care about how I looked.

By this time I heard my parents stirring downstairs, I picked up my bag and headed downstairs. 'I'm stronger than this, shake it off already' I scolded myself, in the back of my head I knew this was normal after a traumatic experience but I don't like to show weakness. When I walked downstairs my parents noticed me.

"Good morning sweetie" My mom said looking up from her coffee. "Oh my are you feeling alright?" she asked walking up to me concerned and noticing my condition. She brought a hand to my forehead, "Mom I'm fine really, just didn't get much sleep" I answered removing her hand from my head.

"Why is that?" my dad asked just as concerned. "Just a bad dream" I answered. "From what happened?" he asked, I simply nodded. "I'm fine though, the world will spin on" I said forcing a smile.

"Sweetie you don't have to be strong around us, we're you're parents" My mom said sympathetically, "Mom really I'm fine. I just want to talk to the principal and get this over with" I said rubbing my eyes under my glasses. "Okay" she said rubbing my arms. "I think I'm going to head to school early, the cool air might help me clear my head" I said looking outside.
"Are you sure you want to go to school?" my dad asked again, I nodded walking to the kitchen. I grabbed my lunch and headed out the door. I walked along the sidewalk watching my feet take each step. I followed my normal route, I walked sluggishly trying to clear my head. I looked ahead of me when I heard voices, I saw the backs of two boys both familiar. 'I didn't think Haru was capable of getting to school early' I thought watching them, but I turned my head to look across the street.

---Makoto's POV---

I walked next to Haru as we talked, I had explained to him what happened the day prior because he noticed my bruise. Though currently I was not a fan of his line of conversation. Or more questioning, "So what happened, did you ask her?" he asked looking at me. "Haru! Would you stop asking, I didn't ask" I lied, but he wasn't buying it. "So what did she say?" he asked again, he could read me the same way I could read him.

"Fine, yes I asked her" I said rubbing the back of my neck. "And?" he asked again. "And she said yes" I said sheepishly, he gave me a look knowing something more happened. "And I-we.. maybe.. kind of....... kissed" I said the words tumbling out of my mouth. I noticed a slight smirk on his face but it quickly disappeared. I saw him look behind us out of the corner of my eye. When he turned back he nudged my arm and motioned behind us.