17.

02x04

Many Happy Returns

[currently unedited - if you see any typos / something's wrong please comment :)]

Nia was completely confused as to how she ended up in her current position. An old friend of Zayn's had come up to the two whilst they were eating breakfast, this old friend happened to be currently babysitting four versions of satan, and somehow passed them over to the two young adults to look after instead. Apparently this old friend needed to use the bathroom and couldn't leave satans reincarnations alone, so either they were taking a twenty minute long dump, or she had abandoned them to look after the children by themselves.

It wasn't as if Nia hated children, cause she didn't, she thought they were quite cute and adorable to look at, but having to deal with constant whining and complaining and screaming and pulling of your arm for 20 minutes gets a little unbearable. Zayn had successfully found something for the kids to do that wouldn't involve them continuously getting pestered, so now they sat on the grass watching the four children kick around a football.

"God, I hope I never become so unlucky and have kids." Zayn groaned, lying back in the ground and sighing.

Nia glanced down at her friend beside her and chuckled, "you act as if it's the worst thing in the world."

"Wiping shit, feeding them only to have shit puked back at you, them crying all the time. Yeah, it is the worst thing in the world." He scoffed, Nia didn't take him too seriously as she knew he was joking. He had practically jumped at the chance when his old friend asked if they'd watch the children for a few minutes. Although a few had turned into twenty, and it was clear he'd had enough.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the fence is hot. Trust me, you do not want to go near it." Sinclair called out, drawing their attention as numerous cheers were heard across the camp. Zayn hollered at the news, causing Nia to break into a giggle at his dorkiness. Her eyes moved to focus on the children in front of her, but Nia's face dropped as she counted only three children instead of four. She rushed to her feet and moved her body around, her gaze scanning her surroundings desperately. "What's wrong?" Zayn questioned, standing up also and staring at his friend confused.

"We've lost one." She bit her nails anxiously as she failed to spot the missing boy. Zayn suggested they split up to search for him, but not before asking a nearby civilian to look after the remaining three, Nia walked behind a tall piece of fallen machinery and her eyes widened in panic as she spotted the boy just inches away from the electric fence.

"Noah!" She exclaimed, running forward as the boy turned to look at her as if he wasn't about to get himself injured. Nia's arms shot out to pull him back and she crouched in front of him, their faces looking at each other. "The fence is dangerous, you can't go near it otherwise you'll be hurt. Okay?" She warned him, he replied with a short nod then ran back to the other children and began kicking the ball around again.

Zayn jogged up beside her, "where was he?" Nia let out a sigh as the old friend from earlier finally reappeared and now stood beside the children again. They sent a grateful nod towards the two and engaged in an enthusiastic conversation. "He was about to get fried by the fence."

"Yikes." He mumbled, looking to his right and smiling at the girl to ease her tension.

"Come on, Raven. Elbow grease ain't gonna fix this." A male voice exclaimed, Nia turned to see a man following after a determined looking Raven.

"What would you know about elbow grease?" The brunette scoffed in response as she gripped onto one of the metal rods that made up the tower. Nia got up and slowly made her way over to the two. She watched with pity as her friend struggled to climb up, her injured leg proving it difficult to do the task.