Chapter 4

Roses pov

      We get up and head into the living room for my party. Dad invited lots of people. I didn't know most of them though.

         I got lost of presents. After the party I took the ones that I could into my room. Daddy got me a koenigsegg car. I put all of the presents up and went back on my bed.

       I grabbed the notebook and opened it. I grabbed a pen and started writing

     Makenzie found put that I liked Dimitri. She said it would go away, but I don't believe her. I've liked him since the week after I met him. It started after the meeting with the Ivashkov dude.

          I don't know how I know, I just know it's not some silly crush. I know it's more than that. I wish it wasn't but it is. He's 5 years older, and it's not like he would ever like me anyways. I mean, he's this big hot Russian battle god. He could have any girl.

         So what's the chance he would ever actually choose me? 0% chance. I need to just get over it. I've tried. No matter what I try, I always find something else to like about him.

      Why does life have to be so fucked up?

   Dimitri's pov

        I wonder what's wrong with Rose. She's been acting so different. She wouldn't let me in her room, and when I try to talk to her, or even look at her, she blushes and looks away.

       What did I do? Is she mad at me? Why is she acting like this. I asked Makenzie but she said that it wasn't her place to tell. Tell me what? What can I do to fix this?

       Stop it. Why am I worried about this so much. It doesn't matter if she likes me or not. But I do care. For some reason I do. I care if she likes me.

       But why? Could I possibly? Mom she only 14. Plus it's not like the feeling would ever be mutual. I just need to forget it.

      Abe asked me to go get Rose for dinner. I walk in quietly and she's at her desk. She's drawing in her sketchbook.

      I look at it and..... it's me? And her? I accidently step on something and make a noise. She jumps and shuts it really quick. She turns around.

        When she sees me, her face pales. It's as pale as a moroi's. " Rose, what was that" I ask. " What was what" she asked, blushing and looking away. Her face got 10× redder.

         " That picture." I asked " What picture, there was no picture. Ym, daddy wants me" she said walking off. I look at the sketchbook, and something tells me to look at it.

        I shouldn't. But I'm in it. I need to know. I pick it up and look at the first few pages. They are all dated before we met. And then the day we met. And a week after that. Then the pictures are.... of me?

Then one from 3 days ago

Then one from yesterday (Shown at beginning of chapter)

   Then the one I just saw

Why does she have all these pictures of me? And her? She walks back in and sees me

Why does she have all these pictures of me? And her? She walks back in and sees me. I shut it and turn around.

        " What where you doing" she asked. " Nothing" I said. She walks to me and see the sketchbook. He face turns bright red.

       " I-i, I have to go" she said and turned around and ran off. " Rose wait!" I yell running after her.

      I look everywhere, but I can't find her. Wait! The garden! I run out to it and see Rose in the rose flowers. She's on her knees crying.

       " Rose" I say. Her head shoots up. She looks at me and get up really quick, stumbling in the process.

     She wipes her face off. " What do you want" she snaps " Rose, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. But why? Why did you have those drawings" I asked, walking over to her.

        She turns away. I go to turn her back, but she slaps my hand away. " It's none of your business" she says. She walks over to the bench and sits down.

      " Yes it is Rose. It involves me. It's my business" I said. " Why won't you just leave it Dimitri. It'll be better that way. For both of us." She says. Why did she call be Dimitri? She hasn't called me that in a long time, it's alway Dimi.

        " Rose, please tell me." I say sitting down by her. " No. Dimitri, i. It's not important." She says " I don't care Rose. Tell me."

      " No. It's just some stupid thing that's never going to happen." She says. What's not going to happen? " What Rose?" I ask

      " Nothing! Why won't you leave it alone!" " Because I want to know! I deserve to know! It involves me Rose!" I snap at her.

      " god Dimitri! It not like you would ever like me back so why do you even care!" She screamed. Then got up and ran off. Like her?

        What does she mean like her back? Does she like me? Oh god. That's what it was about. The feeling is mutual. Wait, what! No! I don't like her.

      Do I?