Chapter 2

ROSES POV

         I'm running down the hallway. Daddy has another meeting and said I had to go. I didn't want to. My guardians are chasing me, ting to get me to go.

      I turn into a closet and shut the door. I hide in the back, hoping they won't see me. When all of a sudden, the door is yanked open and in grabbed from the closet.

       " PUT ME DOWN!" I scream at whoever has me. They put me over their should and start walking. " Put me down!" I say hitting their back.

        They chuckle. Dimitri. " Put me down Dimi!" I scream. Finally he puts me down. I go to run again but he grabs me. He sits me in front of the door.

       Daddy comes and opens it. He pulls me inside. " But daddyyyyy!" I whine. " You're going Kiz" he said. He sat down at the table and I sat by him.

       After awhile, some other people come in. " Ahh, hello Ivashkov" he said. " Hello Mr.Mazur" whoever said.

       " And who is this" He asked, kneal in down in front of me. He went to put his hand on my shoulder but I slapped him.

       " Don't touch me!" I screamed at him. Daddy and him started talking and finally they sat down. " So, what about the deal" Ivashkov said.

       " I'm still thinking. It is my little girl after all." He said. Wait, me? Why me? " What about me!" I said.

       " Mr.Ivashkov here has proposed a deal. If I send you to the academy, he will insure you're safety. Also his son Adrian is your age. If you two marry, he gets some money and you get a royal" he said. What!

    " NO! I DON'T WANT TO!" I screamed. " Kiz, li-" " NO! I will not go to some stupid academy and already have the person I'm gonna marry picked out!" I screamed.

        " Kiz, come on. I-" " I SAID NO!" " It's not your place to decide" Ivashkov said. I turned to him " My life. My decision" I stabbed his hand with my knife and got up.

       I walked out and ran to my room. When I got there I had just enough time to lock the door before the guardians caught up.

     " Open up Rose" Carson said "Rose come on" Alyssa yelled. " Rose! Get out!" Jackson said.

       " Rose, come on. What happened" Dimitri asked. " I don't want to talk about it" I screamed. I sat in the bed for hours. Finally, everyone left. But Dimitri. When I knew they where all gone, I unlocked the door.

        Dimitri came in and shut the door back. " What happened! What's wrong" he asked sitting on my bed.

       " Someone wants to make a deal with daddy. If he send me to some academy, he will insure my safety. And then his son is my age. When we get old enough, we get married. I don't want to marry someone I don't know" I said.

        " Rose, I don't think your dad would do that." He said. " If it meant my safety he would. He's sibling with the Queen so he could get me safety" I said.

          " Rose, if you don't want to, I don't think he will make you. Your his little girl" he said. I stay in bed, still not moving.

             " Rose, comeone, let's go eat, you haven't eaten since this morning" he said. " No. I don't wanna leave my room" I told him. " Rose, c-" " I said no!" He sighs.

         " Well, what do you want to do" he asks. I shrug my shoulders. " Do you want me to read you a book" he asks.

        I look at him and nod. He grab the one of my nightstand, and when I see it, I start crying. " Rose, what's wrong" Dimitri asked.

        " That's the book that Hope would read me every night" I said through tears. He pulls me into a hug " Hey, shhh. It ok. I can get a different one" he said, sitting that book down and grabbing a different one.

       He started reading to me, and I leaned against his shoulder. After awhile I fell asleep. I woke up screaming. " Rose?" Dimitri came running in.

        " Rose, what happened" he asked. " I- dream. Uh- Hope. She wasn't dead. Sh-she got turned. Then she- she came- they m- she went for me" I managed, between sobs.

       " Rose, hey its ok. That didn't happen ok. They know she didn't remeber. It's ok. Just go back to sleep" he said. After asked while I ended up crying myself to sleep. Luckily, the rest of the night was a peaceful night.