Step 8: Tell him a sad story

He woke up that morning confused with his place. He looked around, searching for a hint about what happened last night that made him end up sleeping on the floor with a thin blanket covering him and an unknown sticky smelly liquor right next at him. Suddenly he realised he had been sleeping at her house.

Sehun: WHATTTTT??????

...

Sehun: Why didn't you wake me up? My mom would be so worried about me and my little sister would be crying a pool of salty sour tears if I don't get home and when my father knew that I'm out until I make her cry he would beat me up to death and-
Haerim: Shh. The girl is hiding from the kidnappers.

She said in a whispering tone, distracting Sehun quickly with it when he also stopped lecturing about his future and watched the scene quietly beside her. Then suddenly he realised he was distracted by this and quickly got onto his feet.

Sehun: Hey I'm not done! What if others realised I've been sleeping at your house for the whole night and-
Haerim: Your reputation would be disturbed by it?
Sehun: W-what- N-no! I...I mean...yours! Your reputation! What if your family finds out that-
Haerim: I don't have a family.

That silenced him immediately. She took a deep breath and continued her words.

Haerim: I mean, I do have one. But last time I talked to my parents 3 years ago, they say they'll give anything and I can do anything. Just don't disturb them by even contacting them. They have so many work to do and they don't want me to distract them. I can't even call my brothers and sisters. They won't pick up if I call.

He didn't and couldn't say a word. He didn't knew about her at all and...and...

Sehun: Sorry.
Haerim: Why? It's not your fault.

She paused and continued.

Haerim: I'm just not good enough to contact them.

...

He took his shirt and pants that Haerim had washed them for him. He put the pants first and then the shirt before walking out from the small room. He saw her sitting on the couch, gazing over his laptop, reading the works he had done. Though she looked like nothing happened, he could feel like she had been putting all the pains deep down at the bottom of her heart. He sat next to her, leaving no gap between them and stared at her face. It made him startled when she started talking.

Haerim: Oh don't pity me. I'm okay.

He wanted to talk back but instead he stayed quiet. He took out his phone and clicked on the Instagram application. He noticed that there was a rain of likes and comments and even new followers over his account and that made him wondered. He quickly when to the notification board and widened his eyes. A video of him snoring and drooling and dreaming uglier than Shrek made his jaw dropped before shouting like a little princess.