Step 10: Cry in his embrace

Haerim: So...continue our work at my apartment or you have a better suggestion?
Sehun: Not your appartment, obviously. But let me think.

He thought about it for a while. Cafe? It's noisy and he can't stand those. Park? The heck would they be doing there? Any cottage that could be found? Where? And even if they found one, it would be covered by snow! But there was one place. Safe, cozy and warm.

Haerim: Have you-
Sehun: My house.

She widened her eyes.

Haerim: Your...what?
Sehun: It would be fun. My family is there.

He stopped for a while.

Sehun: And you may finally feel the feeling to live with a real family.

He looked outiside, waiting for her respond. But hearing nothing from her, he thought he said the wrong thing.

Sehun: I-I'm sorry if-

The apology was distracted when he could feel her warm arms wrapping themselves around him. A slight sob from her could be heard clearly. Somehow, it clenched his heart witnessing her fragile side.

Haerim: Thanks Sehun.

With two words, he felt like he had been helping a person out from her miserable problem.

...

Mrs. Oh: You lucky brat where have you been?

Receiving the bloody pinches from his mother, he couldn't help but to yelped in pain.

Sehun: Omma stop- ack! I- ouch! My friend- omo!

Mrs. Oh stopped when she realised Haerim's figure standing behind Sehun, trying to maintain her sweet smile after seeing Sehun being pinched by his mother.

Mrs. Oh: Omo! I didn't realised you're with my son!

She pushed Sehun to the side and hugged Haerim by her shoulders.

Mrs. Oh: I've always wanted a second daughter. Your name sweetie?
Haerim: I'm Haerim.
Mrs. Oh: Lovely name of yours. Would you like to come in?

Before she could even nod, Mrs. Oh had brought her into the house, leaving Sehun at the back, whining from the butthurt.

Sehun: Omma don't take Haerim away!