Season II Episode 11: What's it worth?

It seemed that finally, things at Yokai were going to be peaceful for the long haul. There weren't any large scale fights happening around campus, any fights that did happen quickly got resolved by faculty. Rane barely had to deal with any crazy attempts to win his affection. It was the first time that Yokai felt like a normal high school. However there were things that would still never change: people would give Rane a strange look whether it be in fear or disgust, Kurumu  would always find some excuse to try and seduce him and so would Mizore but at least she was nice enough to attempt it through food. Of course, the one saving grace that Rane wished would never change would be having a peaceful and quiet rooftop lunch with Moka although her new curiosity about the things that occurred while she was away made her more of a nuisance.

Moka: Come oooooooooooon. Tell me what happened!

Rane: For the hundredth time, nothing happened!

Moka: You expect me to believe that within the weeks that I was gone, absolutely nothing happened between you and inner me?

Rane: YES!!

Moka: LIAR!!

Rane: I'M NOT!!

Moka: Take me to your room then!

Rane: Why?

Moka: The two of us share the same underwear. I know you have a pair of mine somewhere in your room from when you tow got freaky.

Rane: WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!

Moka: Why wouldn't you?

Rane: Gee, because maybe we were worried we'd never see you again!

Moka: Awww you guys are so sweet.......but seriously nothing?

Rane: We kissed a couple times, happy?!

Moka: Yes I am. Was there tongue involved? 

Rane: I'm just gonna stop talking and eat so I'm not late for class again.

Moka: We have plenty of time. How have the studies been going.

With no other conflicts to focus on Rane could finally work on looking for a possible way to separate Moka but he hasn't had as much luck even though he wasn't expecting an answer to fall directly onto his lap. Still, all the work he put in with nothing to show made talking about it somewhat of a sore subject.

Rane: The library is so huge that it seems endless. It's gonna take a while before I find something remotely close.

Moka: Why don't you let me help. Two pairs of eyes are better than one.

Rane: Honestly, I'm starting to think I could use the extra hands.

Moka: Yukari would probably be willing too.

Rane: You think?

Moka: What reason does she have to say no?

Rane: Fair point.

Ginei: She is one of the few friends you made without beating them to a pulp.

Ginei had walked through the door that led to the rooftop to meet Rane and Moka.

Rane: I didn't beat you, she did.

Ginei: I know.

Moka: So what are you doing here?

Ginei: I figured you wouldn't have heard the announcement because you're up here where there are no microphones to hear it. We're having an assembly for someone important who's visiting.

Moka: Did they say who?

Ginei: No, wanted to keep it a surprise I guess, but whoever this person is must be important.