Season II Episode 1: New Year, New Faces

As explosive as Rane's first year at Yokai ended it did more good than bad and Rane was ready to start his next year. He actually decided he could put up with Yokai Academy for 3 more years and was looking forward to his return as he rode his motorcycle through the woods on his way to the campus. The woods were so thick that it was dark even though it was the middle of the day but it was quiet and peaceful, which Rane didn't get that often so he was taking his time to enjoy it while it last. It didn't last long as from out of nowhere he felt the familiar sensation of a tire grinding against his head driving him off his back and knocking him to the ground. Everything went black for about a minute until the vision returned to Rane's eyes. All he could see and all he could hear was a girl with red hair complaining about how her bike was destroyed.
?????: Goddammit this was my favorite bike! Now it's ruined and I got a dead guy on the ground here.
Rane: I'm not dead yet.
The girl turned in suprise seeing that Rane was alive but her suprise quickly turned to anger.
?????: Well then you can pay for my new bike since you decided to break it with your dumb face!
Throughout his experiences at Yokai Rane's grown a shorter fuse than normal and this girl just lit it. Rane balled up his fist and stood up, he grabbed the girl by her shirt lifting her with one arm before slamming driving her head into the ground.
Rane: HOW ABOUT AN APOLOGY FOR RUNNING OVER MY HEAD WITH YOUR DUMB BIKE YOU STUPID LITTLE SHIT!!!
Once Rane's rage subsided he was able to notice that the girl wasn't moving.
Rane: Oh shit.
He checked to see if she was breathing and she was which means she was just unconscious. He also noticed that she was in a school uniform and there was only one school that was in the area so Rane let out an annoyed sigh.
Rane: First day back and I already meet probably the biggest pain in my ass for the year.
Rane decide to put her on the back of his motorcycle, leaving her bike behind thinking he'll go back for it later. Maybe he won't, he didn't care considering he probably had a concussion. He drove the rest of the way through the woods and through the front gate to Yokai Academy. The girl was still unconscious so Rane took her around back where there was a hose. He sat the girl along the wall, grabbed the hose and blasted water all over her causing her to wake up screaming so Rane stopped.
?????: What the hell you asshole!
Rane decided to give her another blast of water.
?????: Are you insane?!!!
That comment earned her another.
?????: I'll kill you, you jackass!!!
And another. Rane just kept going until she stopped talking which took about an hour. Rane left without a word or even getting the girl's name but in all honesty Rane was hoping that was the last time he saw her. He grabbed his bike and walked it back to the front of the school where he met hid first familiar face as she was sweeping around.
Ruby: RANE!!!
She dropped the broom and ran up to give Rane a hug.
Ruby: I've been waiting for you and the others to return.
Rane: Wait do you live here now?
Ruby: Yes, the school was so kind to let me stay. Do yoh require a place to park your bike?
Rane: There's a place for me to park my bike?
Ruby: There is now. You made quite the impression so the faculty thought they would make adjustments to accommodate you and others like you.
Rane: They're trying to keep me happy cuz they think I could lose it any minute.
Ruby: Pretty much. Let's get your bike put away and I can walk you to get your room. We better hurry though, the opening ceremony starts in an hour.
Rane: Lead the way.

The two of them went for a walk over by the cafeteria building where there was an addition to the campus with a garage big enough to hold bikes for multiple students if they needed. They stashed Rane's bike there and went back to the campus where Rane got his room key which opened his same room from last year. Looks like they were really trying to make Rane happy. With no time to lose Rane put on his uniform and headed to the school gymnasium where the ceremony was just getting started. He squeezed into a random spot in line as the principal and other staff members were telling their speeches. Rane was generally uninterested so he let his eyes wonder around the crowd to see if there were any familiar faces. He pulled out Saizo who had healed up pretty ok, those three lizard monsters were sweating when they realized Rane was looking at them and then he saw students in blue uniforms, student council members minus their fire fox boss.  He looked over into the girls section and found the mermaids looking beautiful but still hungry, the spider chick that ran the newspaper club who Rane was actually happy to see. He was worried that the student council had done something terrible to her but she's ok. However close together were the people Rane really wanted to see; Moka, Kurumu, Yukari and Mizore all decided to stand together one behind the other. It was there that Rane's eyes stayed for the rest of the ceremony so he wouldn't lose them when all the students began scrambling at the end. Rane tracked them down as they left, meeting them out in front of the gym.