chapter seven

Sometimes you have to walk through the darkness to see the light.

-- Tamia Thomas.

Aanvi Zenobia

I rolled my eyes seeing the nasty ass pizza, I was hungry and school lunch wasn't going to work. Lee sat down with a mug on her face but I saw the tears in her eyes making me more aggravated.

Nothing was wrong with Lee, she just so dramatic and I honestly didn't have time for her right now. The Diddy bops sat down and looked at her then back at me acting like they care about Lee.

"Why you crying best friend?" Alea asked.

"My stomach hurt so bad." Lee whined wiping her face.

"You on your period?"

"First day."

"Aw baby, you want me to get you some food?" Malone asked.

Laughing I opened the snap from Zeph as he sent me a picture of him, Royal and Sef all sticking their tongue out. I went to take a picture of Lee but my flash was on making all of them look my way as I tucked in my lips trying not to laugh since I got caught.

"Why you taking pictures of us?" Alea asked.

"Girl your face will never be in my phone, I was taking a picture of my sister. Mind ya business."

"Seem mad to me."

"Why am I mad? I'm happy as shit today, well besides being hungry." I shrugged.

"Wassup Lea." Izzy walked past our table as Alea smiled then stood up to hug him and kiss him on his neck.

I raised a eyebrow then gave Lee the same look she was giving me. I laughed watching them converse, I couldn't wait to tell Zeph this bullshit.

"Alright, y'all gotta move. I don't know why you this close anyway." Lee said looking at Izzy and Quinn.

"You always got something to say, annoying as hell." Quinn looked at her.

"I said what I said." She folded her arms making me laugh.

"And you just keep laughing like you-"

"Girl says something I don't like so I could have a reason. I dare you." I looked directly at Alea.

"You so tough now Nobi." Izzy chuckled. "I saw ya mom the other day ona corner, I see the resemblance."

The first time he bought her up I was in tears so he think he know how to get to me. He thought that bringing up my mom was my soft spot but it wasn't. I could care less.

"I'm going to get up and walk away before I kill all three of y'all."

I stood up walking out of the cafeteria, on the way out I bumped into somebody. I was already annoyed and ready to fight so I closed my eyes and slowly counted to three. Opening my eyes I saw Sincere standing there.

"Oh hey Zenobia, that was my fault." Her voice spoke as I looked at her confused.

"You good."

"Are you?"

"I'm confused, why didn't you tell me you were back?"

"I tried but Izzy said he wasn't telling you shit, apparently y'all beefing and he wouldn't tell me why. Lee's number was changed and you didn't have a phone so I figured I'll just run into you here."

"When did you get back?"

"Yesterday but we can catch up later. I see you got a phone now, lemme enter my number."