chapter fourteen

"We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell." 

-- Oscar Wilde.

Aanvi Zenobia

"Ma, you ready?" I yelled getting a water out the fridge. 

"Yeah I'm ready, stop yelling." 

"Zeph outside." I laughed. 

"Pass me a water." She said making me look her over.

"Oou girl, you got them cheeks." I said making her laugh.

"Nobi." She laughed covering her face as I recorded her for Snapchat.

"You could cover ya face all you want, I was getting them buns girl." I said making her laugh.

"Nobi, cut it out." 

"I quit." I laughed putting the video up then getting my keys.

I walked outside seeing Zeph sitting in his Range Rover, his lips was moving so I assumed he was on the phone. I looked back seeing my mom locking the doors once they were locked, I started walking to the car.

"DAYUM!" I yelled making him look at me. "You so damn fine with yo chocolate ass! Like, can I suck yo-"

He covered my mouth making me laugh as my mom got in the car. "I'm driving so just give the rest of the details to my assistant, thank you."

"Let go of my mouth," I said as it came out muffled cause he was still holding onto my mouth.

"Hey Becs." He smiled turning around to look at her.

"You mean Becky with them bunz!" I said making her laugh.

"HI Mitch."

"Why are you so hyper?" He asked, looking over at me. 

"I don't know, I just came from school so happy." I shrugged.

"I gotta go pick up Nova and Royal and take em home."

"Can Nova come?" 

"Nah, I don't got time. She like acting out in malls and I'm not buying her nothing."

"Ew, you mean as hell now." I scrunched my face.

"I don't care."

"Keep that energy," I told him pulling my phone out. 

"Bet." 

We rode in silence beside the radio playing songs and me occasionally singing like ten minutes later we pulled in front of a high school. Royal was holding Nova and like three girls were standing around them as he smiled and they were all laughing in his face. I got out the car putting on my mad face.

"Royal, what's this?" I asked pointing at the girls as they all stopped laughing.

"Nofia!" Nova yelled wiggling out of Royal arms so she can run to me.

"Nobi, what is you doing?" He mumbled then looked at the girls smiling.

"I should be asking you what you doing! All in these girls faces like I'm not ya wifey and lil Royal not on the way." I pocked out my stomach as Nova began rubbing it.

"You got a kid on the way?" One of the girls asked.

"You got a girl?" The other one asked.

"No, I don't." He tucked his lips in looking at me.

"Wow, disclaim us right in front of us. Wow okay."

"That's sad Royal." The third girl said as they all walked away.