chapter five

Silent tears, hold the loudest pain.

--Becca Lowe

Aanvi Zenobia

I sat up watching Lee lay straight on her back singing her heart out to love songs. I almost laughed making her open her eyes, she rolled her eyes at me. I grabbed her phone checking my social media accounts ignoring her looks.

"Why Izzy liking my stuff and gon have the nerve to put heart eyes to one of my snaps?"

"Girl bye, you know you love you some Izzy."

"I did before but now every time I see him or think of him I wanna stomp his head in."

"I wish Sef would of beat them up before I cut him off." She rolled her eyes.

"So it's over for good?" I looked at her.

"Yeah, I would never put him in the predicament to choose between his sister or me because if he asked, I would choose you no second thought."

"I like- no actually love, y'all relationship, you can't just end it like that. What y'all been dealing with each other for a year now?"

"A year, ten months and four days but who counting yaknow?" She shrugged making me laugh.

"You kill me, just call him."

"Bitch you talking? Just call Zeph."

Rolling my eyes, I murmured. "I'm good on that."

"Let that man love you." She laughed.

"Anyways, what we doing tonight?"

"Alea wanted to go to some party, I know how you feel bout them but I really wanna go to this party."

"I feel no type of way about them, I could care less. They just stupid and they not really gon ride for you but you have to learn that for yourself."

Rolling her eyes she sighed. "You coming or not?"

"I would say no but I highkey wanna get drunk as fuck so yeah."

"Good, I'm picking out your outfit." She squealed running off into the closet.

I picked up her phone that was ringing, the contact ​name said brobro making me roll my eyes. It was Zeph, calling her name she ran back out of the closet.

"Bitch you know he's not calling for me, answer." Lee looked at me blankly.

"No, you answer." I pushed her phone in her face.

"Hello?" She answered putting it on speaker.

"Wassup sis? What are you doing?"

"Nothing getting ready for tonight, why does it sound like you outside? Where are you going?"

"Actually, I'm outside ya house."

Lee and I looked at each other with our eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"Tell Nobi dirty ass to come outside."

"I'm not with her." She lied.

"Aight either she come out or I'm coming in."

I hung up on him slipping into the grey fur slides from Charlotte Rousse. I walked down the stairs and hesitantly opened the door. He was leaning against his car as music played loudly, I stood on Lee porch avoiding eye contact.

"Why you here?" I asked not moving.

"I came to collect what's mine." He smirked.

"Boy bye, I was serious when I walked out. I never played the back for anyone and I'm not about to start."