chapter ten

We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.

--Winston Churchill

Mitch Zephyr

I groaned at the millionth text from Nobi and locked my phone without even reading it, she was annoying my soul. I moved up in line placing my order then moved to lean on the wall looking out the window to see Jace mean-mugging a group of niggas. I squinted my eyes and then walked out of the restaurant leaning on somebody's car wanting to know what was happening.

"Your girl is my girl and my girl is my only girl. Ain't that's how the song go?" Jace taunted in one of their face making me laugh.

"Niggas always tryna be funny until they missing one of their teeth, that smile ain't gon be so big then, huh?" One of the boys said making Jace turn his head toward him.

"Ya mouth gon be open wide as hell the way you sucking his dick." Jace chuckled making me smile and shake my head.

"Chill." One of the quiet ones said pushing him back since he got hyped over that comment.

"I used to torture little niggas like y'all in jail." He laughed. "If I smack you, I bet you he gets smacked off impact." 

"Test your theory." The hyped one said.

"Aight, walk out the camera. Follow me." Jace said nodding his head in another direction.

"Y'all niggas doing too much, you mad over a bitch and letting this nigga get under y'all skin. It's more important shit we could be doing right now and y'all wanna entertain some old head." The quiet one said looking at his group of three friends.

"Damn, you had to call me an old head? I'm only twenty-one." Jace shook his head. "I like you though lil nigga, what's ya name?" 

"Ruga."

"Excuse me?" Jace squinted his eyes making me laugh off his face.

"Ruga." The little nigga repeated.

"Like a gun? I fucks with it. You cool lil homie but you gotta drop ya niggas, they lame as fuck b." He said making me nod in agreement. 

I saw one of them shift and he sneakily slid his hand down into his hoodie pocket making me get off the car and walk over to them. I kicked the back of his knee then grabbed his arm making the .22 handgun he was gripping drop. Everybody looked at me wondering where I came from as I kicked the gun away and let the boy go.

"Damn, you was gon shoot me over a bitch? That's how you coming son?" Jace asked laughing looking down at him.

"Nigga, that's Mitch." One of them whispered said as the boy on the ground stood up and they stood together looking like they were bout to piss their pants.

"Y'all niggas acting scary as hell right now, he a regular nigga, calm down the fuck." The boy, Ruga, sucked his teeth glaring at them.

"I'm not understanding how y'all scared of this black ass nigga, I'm his big brah and he can't beat me," Jace smirked, making me laugh.

"Yeah aight bitch, I ain't no slouch."

"Of course not, you just can't beat me."

"We could put on the gloves when we get in the crib." I looked at him making him laugh.

"You got it, big bruh." He held his hands in surrender.

"Now, why are you arguing with these little niggas?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Lil nigga was arguing with his bitch, embarrassing her and shit in front of his niggas so I told shawty come fuck with a real nigga and you already know she ain't need no convincing as I put the mack down. So after I get her number, he started showing off again for his friends, these niggas ain't know who the fuck I am."