Chapter 3.

*Sam*

I can't believe they're here. I can't believe he's here. After almost 8 years here they are. I knew that I'd see them again one day, I just didn't know it'd be like this.

Guilt rushes over me as I realise how rude I was. None of them deserved what happened in there, not even Alex. Sure, I'm upset he didn't tell me but he was right, I wouldn't have come tonight if I had've known. When I turned my phone back on I had a few missed calls from him and Jack. I decide to text Alex telling him I'm okay. I sighed, a part of me wished someone would've run out after me. But then another part of me knows I'm way too stubborn and I wouldn't talk to them if they did.

I decided to make my way back to the club. The music was still going really loudly, I checked the time, it was 10:00. Fuck, I didn't mean to be out that long. As I got closer to the club I sighed, it was now or never Sam.

As much as I wanted to ignore them, I couldn't do that. Josh, Max, Matt and Chris all deserved an explanation. I mean, that's if Dan hadn't already told them why I left.

*Dan*

"What is she doing here?"

"Why did she leave us all them years ago?"

"Dan, do you know why she left? Surely you did, I mean you guys were bestfriends?"

Questions from the boys were fired at me from every direction. I so desperately wanted to tell them all to shut up but they don't deserve that, I know I'd be asking the same things if I were in their position.

The ATL boys were all sorta just sitting there, no one was having a very good time tonight. Especially Alex. I felt so many things towards him. Sorrow, he didn't mean to upset her, he just wanted her to come out and have a good time. I also felt pain though, he has her, he's the one that got to cheer her up when she was upset, the one who got to wake up and see her every morning, the one she loved.

That used to be me, even though we were never anything more than bestfriends. Sure, we shared a kiss or two but for all I know that could've meant nothing to her.

"I'm going home," I declared to everyone here. They all nodded, only half of them understanding why though. I half-smiled at them before pushing my way through all the sweaty body's dancing, finally reaching the door. I opened the door and not really looking where I was going, I walked straight into someone. As I looked up I realised it wasn't just someone, it was Sam.

"Sam. Hey," I said, awkwardly. She look embarrassed to say the least.

"Hi Dan," she replied before also adding, "where are you going? Are you leaving?"

"Uh yeah I was just about to head off, everythings sorta tense over there because of..yeah." I replied. Fuck, why am I so awkward?

"Because of me," she looked down and laughed, not sweetly though, it had a bitter sort of tone to it. After a moment though she looked back up at me. "You can't go yet Dan, it's only 10:30. New years isn't for another hour and a bit. You should at least enjoy your night, don't let me ruin it."

"You didn't ruin it Sam, don't say that. I know how you feel about me and I understand, I wasn't the greatest friend those years ago." I said.

"You're right, you weren't. But that was like 8 years ago, I'm over it if you are?" She looks me dead in the eye which tells me she's telling the truth.

"You're giving me another chance?" I was quite shocked to say the least.

"Well, yeah. I mean I don't know if we'll ever be as close as we were when we were young, I think that's like impossible but everyone deserves a second chance. And I'm kinda hoping the boys will forgive me for leaving out of the blue, ya know?" She said, looking quite guilty.