Chapter Five: Someone's gonna pay

"Dad, please!" We were walking towards the school's court yard. I could already hear the music blasting from the school's speakers. All the guardians were here, and it looked like everyone was having fun. 

"Lolita relax, nothing will go wrong." That's what he said last year. I saw my mother standing in the back with Blake and Lenore. We were all wearing black not smiling at anyone. This is one of the other reasons I don't like guardians day. We stand out way to much, and I can hear what everyone thinks of us. Just because we don't really talk with anyone they think we're snobs.

"Hello dear." My father quickly places a kiss on my mother's lips and picked Lenore up in his arms.

"Gross." 

"Oh Blake don't be jealous. Do you want a kiss too?" He glares at me and both me and Lenore laugh.

"Lola!" I look up and see Teresa walking towards us. As always wearing her bright colored clothes. I still don't understand how a bubbly and colorful girl like Teresa can be so dark.

"Hey." She hugs me and smiles at my parents.

"It's nice to see you again lord death. Lady death you look beautiful." She is the only teenager that actually calls my parents that anymore.

"Aw thank you Teresa."

"Hello Teresa. It is good to see you too." They talk a little about my dad's job before Teresa's parents come looking for her.

"Lolita! Hola mija, how are you?" As always her mom crushes me in a big bear hug. I could feel my eye balls trying to pop off again. 

"Hello Mrs.Robin. And hello to you too Mr.Robins, it's nice to see you again."

"Thank you Lolita, it's nice to see you again." Teresa's parents are the total opposite of mine. Both her parents are friendly and warm, while mine don't let anyone really get close.

We leave our parents to talk while me and Teresa go and grab some food at the buffet. I'm just glad that I can get away from them for a while.

"Oh relax, your parents are awesome! I wish my folks were like that." I watch her look at my parents with such respect and admiration in her eyes. I don't get her.

"Tess, why do you like my parents so much?" She shoves a strawberry in her mouth and looks up at the clouds. She shrugs her shoulders and continues down the buffet line. She mainly piles fruit and dessert on her plate. I settle for an apple and a bottle of water.

"Is that all?" I look up at the guy working the buffet line. He looks down at my apple and bottle of water with a smile on his face.

"Not hungry." I grab Teresa's hand and we head back to our parents.

"I agree with the dude. Are you sure that's all you want?"

"Yeah." She stops me and put a cookie in my mouth. 

"Eat it." I take a bite and practically want to spit it out. I never did have a sweet tooth. "Oh you big baby, it's good." She eats the rest of the cookie and takes a bite of another one.

"You know I hate sweet stuff." We seat down and watch as a few people dance to the music that's being played. At least no one had pissed off my dad yet. I look over at my dad and see that he has his eyes closed, is he asleep?

********************************************************************************************

"FINALLY!" We were all now heading home since school was cancelled for today.

"You're to dramatic Lolita, it was not that bad." Blake had his chin resting on his hand while he looked out the window. Lenore was had her head on my shoulder a sleep because of today.