Chapter Eighteen: She did it...or did she.

I was speechless. Never in my life did I expect to actually talk to my grandfather, his voice was so soft but powerful at the same time.

"God?"

"Please my dear, call me grandfather."

"Not to be rude, by why are you helping me now? You never talked to us before."

"I know, and I apologize for that. When your mother left us to be the bride of the grim reaper, it was a very hard moment for me. Please understand that I lost a daughter that day, she lost her wings for him." I guess I can see what he means. To lose your daughter to someone who lives a life followed by death and darkness, it must have been hard. 

"I can see your point, but that does not explain why you are helping me now. Why now?"

"When your brother was dying, I realized that his soul itself was never dark. The only reason it appeared that way was because of who your father is. Even your soul my dear, is not completely black. You have always had a soft spot for my children, that is why you could befriend them."

"What about Lenore?"

"Lenore, she really is a reaper that one." I knew he would say that, but I still had to make sure. I guess out of the three of us, she really would have been the best choice for grim reaper.

"So, what do I have to do? How can I beat him?"

"Simple, allow the light to enter you. Your whole life you have been around death and darkness, allowed the light to become a part of you as well." 

I tired, but to say it was painful would be an understatement. It felt worse then when my father first made me turn into my reaper form. It was like a fire was being ignited inside of my once frozen body, and my body was trying so hard to remain frozen and cold. I bit my lip to keep from screaming. I bit to the point I could taste my own blood on my lips. Was this first turning me mortal?

"Relax Lolita, it is almost done." 

"Please, make it STOP!" I couldn't hold it in anymore. The pain was to much, and I could have sworn I blacked out for a moment there. When would it stop hurting?

*********************************************************************************************

*Abraham* 

I don't know what the hell was going on with her. All of a sudden she was just standing there, turning back to normal. But my energy didn't seem to affect her, not even when I went all out. She looked like she was talking with someone, but there was only me and her here.

"Damn it, are you going to fight or..."

"Please, make it STOP!" What the hell?! She all of a sudden doubled over in pain, and her body was now glowing a warm white. What was happening to her?!

"What are you doing?!"

I can't explain what happened next, because I don't even know myself what actually happened. It was as if she had never existed, because I could no longer feel her dark energy. Her hair was now long and golden blond, as bright as the suns rays. Her green eyes because as blue as the oceans, and she had wings as white as pure untouched snow. Was this really Lolita Reaper?

She took one step towards me, and I could feel so much energy coming off of her, I fell to my knees and I trough up everything that was in my stomach. Her energy was incredible, and now I was really doubting my chances at winning this. What happened to her? Where did this new energy come from? And how could I make it mine?

"That's an interesting trick you just did. Mined telling me how you did it?" I could feel my voice shaking. Was she doing this to me?!

"Abraham Alcott, I finally understand why your energy was so disgusting, that I could not even stand in the very presence of it."

"Oh, and what have you come up with?"

"You have killed so many innocent people, that the very energy around you turned to reflect the very monster you have become. So wrapped up in becoming the most powerful man alive, more powerful than death. You have allowed yourself to become nothing more than an empty and disgusting shell of a man. You have made so many people suffer, and for that, you must pay the price for your crimes."

She took one more step, and again I was hit with a wave of nausea that I had no control over. This energy around her, it is so pure. This must be what my energy does to her, only her's is a lot worse. I don't even have the energy left to fight her back. Each step alone feels like I was punched in the stomach, I keep vomiting everything inside of me, I'm to the point where I have no choice but to trough up my own blood. It's a strange color, but it is my blood none the less. I have to admit, the sight of it is nostalgic. The only time I can ever remember seeing my own blood was in a photo of my birth. My mother was the first person I had ever killed, and since then I have never stopped. I may have given immortality to Ahston, but that too was for my own gain. I have never done anything for anyone else, and it is only now that I am about to die that I see that. I guess this is what people mean about seeing their life flash before their eyes. I had really hoped that if I ever did look back on my life, I would have felt more proud of myself than this. Seeing it all play out in my head, I never got to accomplish what I had set out to do. And I guess now, I never will.

"No, it's not over." That voice, I recognize this voice. Funny, how in the hell did she make contact with me? 

"What do you plan to do?"

"I will show those Reapers who has the real power. They've been in control for far to long, I think it really is about time someone put them in their place."

"Very well my dear, I leave everything up to you. Good luck, and finish what I couldn't"

"Believe me, I will..." That is the last thing I will ever remember. In that final moment, Lolita Reaper did the one thing I never thought anyone would be able to do...she killed me.

**********************************************************************************************

*?* 

I felt his connection drop, and I didn't need to be physic to know why. She actually managed to kill him, but it's not over yet. I will show her what happens when you don't watch your back. She messed up my life, I will do the same to her.

"Enjoy this for now Lola, because your new enemy is a lot closer than you could imagine."