s e v e n t e e n

"When love is in excess it brings a man no honor nor worthiness." - Euripides

Spencer's POV

It's been roughly an hour since everyone arrived at the club, and I was currently in a desperate search for someone I knew.

After my quiet fit with JJ, I had spoke a few words with Emily, and headed for the bathroom in a rush.

When I got out, no one was to be found. It's a small bar, and I didn't understand how I couldn't find a big bunch of people in such little time.

It was around eleven pm, and I was quite worn out for it being only a short amount of time, and I wanted to head home.

By now, I'd guess Morgan was on his path to 'lover city'. The girls pretty much always headed home around this time. And knowing Hotch and Rossi, they probably are already sound asleep at home.

A young girl with jet black hair runs into me, her elbow pokes very hard into my stomach. When she looks up to see who she stumbled into, a smile appears on her face, exposing red lipstick on her teeth.

The girl was obviously drunk, and not knowing what to do, I try to walk away. But she grabs a good hold of my wrist, gathering my attention once again.

"I'm Lilly," the girl starts. "What's your name, hot stuff?"

"Uh, Reid. Spencer is my first name," I say as Lilly lets go of my wrist, and I rub it to make sure no swelling appears.

"Cute," she replies, a smile still played on her lips. "Wanna go? We can head to my place, Spencer."

Lilly then puts a hand on my chest, and another on my neck, and I flinch when her cold hands touch my warm skin.

I move out of her grasp before she can do anything, and apparently that disappoints her.

I look around the bar, and I almost gasp when I spot Tessa by the bar, a drink in hand.

"I'm, uh, here with someone. Sorry, goodbye," and with that I walk away before Lilly has a chance to say anything else.

I start walking towards Tessa, but I stop dead in my tracks when I see the same man as earlier hand rest on her thigh.

I gulp hard, and dare not to move, but what if she catches eye of me? Yeah, like she'd remember in the morning from how drunk she looks.

A sour expression covers her face, and I narrow my eyebrows and the man who is setting it off. I take a few steps further, just so I can catch what the man or Tessa could say next.

"Stop.. P-please," Tessa pleas, trying to get up, only to stumble back into the mans arms. He smirks, and sets a twenty on the bar counter.

"Don't worry honey, we're going to my place," the man says, holding an arm over Tessa's shoulder, and another around her waist.

"N-no, take me home. I-I don't want to," Tessa hiccups, still stumbling like no tomorrow.

Now, I was mad. No, I was pissed.

"Let her go," I growl, anger completely obvious in my tone.

The man looks at me with surprise, then examines me, and a laugh escapes his mouth. Tessa raises her gaze, and has almost the same reaction as the man.